Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
In the shop with my Vette
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just saw my step daughter dragging an American flag through the house. Ok fine, but I told her not to let it touch the floor. And she asks "why". So I calmly told her its important to be proud of America, and its disprespectful to let it drag on the ground. And that if she was going to carry it around, make sure it off the dirt. Well, that little brat looked right at me and said I dont believe you, and just dropped it right on the floor. I told her to pick it up, and she just stood there and stared at me. Welp, about .5 seconds later I came fucking unglued, and turned into a real asshole. I'm pretty sure she wont do that again at least for a long fucking time. Once she was listening I explained it all to her and hopefully she gets it now.

I was brought up to not do shit like that, and then would never back talk like that. I was a boy scout, and had an extremely brief term in the Navy. Not that I'm a super patriot or Mr. America here, but seeing kids act like that just gets under my skin. If she was not my step daughter she would have gotten that fucking smirk slapped righ the shit off her face.

okay, rant over.

·
Let's have one.
3,176 Posts
Yep.......the "Big Stores" don't want to offend anyone with Merry Christmas......but they stock the shelves with Christmas stuff in October. Sorry to hi-jack and vent.

·
Stackin' plates
13,859 Posts
Beat her with a stick, she'll learn.

·
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
step kids... you will NEVER WIN

Her and I do really well most of the time. There is a little defiance. But, she is around me more than her dad. She invites or asks me to all her functions. I always ask if she asked her dad, and she usually schrugs her shoulder and says he wont come anyway.

·
Head Phuckstick
18,618 Posts
I just saw my step daughter dragging an American flag through the house. Ok fine, but I told her not to let it touch the floor. And she asks "why". So I calmly told her its important to be proud of America, and its disprespectful to let it drag on the ground. And that if she was going to carry it around, make sure it off the dirt. Well, that little brat looked right at me and said I dont believe you, and just dropped it right on the floor. I told her to pick it up, and she just stood there and stared at me. Welp, about .5 seconds later I came fucking unglued, and turned into a real asshole. I'm pretty sure she wont do that again at least for a long fucking time. Once she was listening I explained it all to her and hopefully she gets it now.

I was brought up to not do shit like that, and then would never back talk like that. I was a boy scout, and had an extremely brief term in the Navy. Not that I'm a super patriot or Mr. America here, but seeing kids act like that just gets under my skin. If she was not my step daughter she would have gotten that fucking smirk slapped righ the shit off her face.

okay, rant over.
I see no problem with this.

I was also taught the same thing.

Shannon

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,706 Posts
how old is she? glad you explained it to her..some people just dont get how many people have died keeping that flag from hitting the dirt.

·
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how old is she? glad you explained it to her..some people just dont get how many people have died keeping that flag from hitting the dirt.
She's almost ten. I really think that the younger generations of kids are just not taught the American way, or to have pride in their country. I'm only 32, so hopefully she will be a patriot someday too.

·
THREAD KILLER
5,135 Posts
I dont buy into the you cant win with step children stuff. From what Ive seen to many step parents just want kids to obey them without actually trying to raise them and educate them like you did in this instance.
A good home with squared away adults usually produces squared away kids IMO.

·
Registered
957 Posts
As a parent its great that you tried to educate her in respecting the flag of this country. Long ago in a galaxy far away this was common knowledge because it was taught to us by our parents/schools/veterans/city leaders/clergy/elders. My how things have changed in the last 25 years.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
How old is she.
Sit down with her and watch some YOU TUBE videos of soldiers fightinf in Iraq and Afganistan for our country.
Show her a disabled soldier and explain to her because of that soldier we have our freedom.
I know... easier said than done.
My kids are 3 and 5 every time we see a soldier I pound into their heads what out soldiers do for our country !
Still working on the kids going up to them and saying THANK YOU !

·
Registered
187 Posts
Some step kids can be great, others you want to hang.

My current girlfriend never had kids, however, the previous one had 2 adult kids and 16 year old and a loser ex-husband.

The 16 year missed school all the time so he could play video games, lock himself in the room and say he was sick. The oldest one I thought he was in another state. Well, he was in another state, but in Federal prison for accessory to murder and her other kid just hung with friends doing menial jobs and getting high.

Although divorced, my ex and I raised our kids in a conservative environment. They have learned and respect the history of our nation.,,and if they get out of line, their maternal Grandad, a retired Navy Mustang, that paid his dues in Korea and Vietnam, will make sure they remember.

Keep up the good work, even if it requires an attitude adjustment.

·
King of all Assclowns
11,285 Posts
Beat her with a sack of oranges, they are hard enough to hurt, but not hard enough to leave a bruise...lol jk good job on educating her though

·
Registered
3,599 Posts

okay, rant over.
U R what u reperesent:-Shower

1 - 20 of 21 Posts