Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was listening to my local radio station (106.9 WCCC) and they were saying that nirvana was being introduced to the Rock and Roll HOF but Gene Simmons had this too say, "Just Because You Died That Makes You an Icon? No’ in regards to Kurt Cobain..."

who the hell is Gene Simmons to say? last time i checked the only thing he was known for was sicking his tongue out ok stage after there shitty performance..and beside who actually knows any kiss songs? me personally have no clue of any nor do i know anyone who listens to them. maybe its just the generation im from but everyone i know, knows who Nirvana is and knows more then one song...Kurt Cobain is more of an icon then gene simmons will ever be.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Cobain is more of an icon then gene simmons will ever be.
O Really ?
in the 70s Kiss ruled
in the 90s Nirvana ruled.......
Id say they were pretty close in popularity and overall impact and had Kurt not
blown his fking brains out he and his group maybe have been as big as U2
The Who and a few others but he took the bitch move and the rest is History

I wanna rock and roll all night and party everyday !
Cant recall any Nirvana tunes...sorry

·
Registered
959 Posts
Nirvana sucks!! In on 1!! I've always wanted to be in on one

·
Administrator
136,761 Posts
was listening to my local radio station (106.9 WCCC) and they were saying that nirvana was being introduced to the Rock and Roll HOF but Gene Simmons had this too say, "Just Because You Died That Makes You an Icon? No’ in regards to Kurt Cobain..."

who the hell is Gene Simmons to say? last time i checked the only thing he was known for was sicking his tongue out ok stage after there shitty performance..and beside who actually knows any kiss songs? me personally have no clue of any nor do i know anyone who listens to them. maybe its just the generation im from but everyone i know, knows who Nirvana is and knows more then one song...Kurt Cobain is more of an icon then gene simmons will ever be.
Do you feel Cobain actually belongs in the hall of fame? Seriously? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Kurt "i blew my brains out" Cobain? Yea, real great guy. Pffffft. Never was going to be a speck in the rock world.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Nirvana changed music as we now know it, hair bands to grunge movement do they belong in the hall of fame? Im still undecided. Is KISS a icon for rock? I say yes, tHey have been out there for decades....Nirvana, not so much

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,995 Posts
the only sad part about cobain blowing his brains out is he didn't do it 20 years earlier.Whiney bitch of a singer.
Don't think this thread is heading in the direction the op hoped.
Oh almost forgot , Who's this Kurt Cobain fella again ?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
His comments were maybe a little uncalled for. Yeah Cobain took the easy way out but so have alot of musicians that are still idolized. I am not a huge fan of either but I would say they were both pretty huge and Simmons is still around.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not the point i was trying to get to, like i said maybe it just that im a 90's person, but who is gene simmions to say who should be in the HOF? and beside yes id much rather have Kurt and the rest of the band in the HOF then kiss. and yes there are better bands out there some all of us have heard and some we havent yet they should be or one day will be in the HOF but Nirvana deserves to be in, its like saying Jimi hendrix or the doors shouldn't be in the HOF cause they were only around for 2-3 years? its not about how long there were arounf or how many albums they sold, but how big they got in that time, how many people know there songs, i hear nirvana being played at least 3-4 times a day on the radio (different stations) and nothing about kiss, im sorry but the only thing gene simmions is know for like i said before is his stupid long tongue and being married to Shannon tweet.

1 - 20 of 393 Posts