Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
broke phucker
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I called my insurance agent today to ask him how much I was paying for insurance on my 2nd house. He tells me 8500 a year including flood. So I ask how much is flood insurance and he tells me it is 4500 a year. V zone is what they call it. So it breaks out like this, if you're home is valued at 250k the rate is 3k for that coverage. However if you're home is valued over 500k the rate is 4500. Ok that is fine but the bullshit is that you are only covered for 250k since that is all fema is allowed to cover. So not only do we get screwed on that, the reason being is fema needs to charge the people who have more so they can take care of the people who have less.

How the fuck do you charge me a rate for a 500k home on flood insurance and only allow me 250k if my house gets destroyed.

double:smt097:smt097 you bastards.

That is all, carry on for now.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
distributing the wealth among the wealthy.

·
Registered
810 Posts
you just need to purchase excess flood from another insurance carrier who has it.... FEMA only covers up to 250K like FDIC for banks .. trust me, the people of New Orleans for Katrina were not covered with flood insurance, cause they did not pay for coverage... No flood insurance = no repairs and no loans...

·
Long Live The King
103,874 Posts
. Ok that is fine but the bullshit is that you are only covered for 250k since that is all fema is allowed to cover. So not only do we get screwed on that, the reason being is fema needs to charge the people who have more so they can take care of the people who have less.

How the fuck do you charge me a rate for a 500k home on flood insurance and only allow me 250k if my house gets destroyed.

Your fare share ......... :p

Just remember it takes a village...........

G ;)

·
Registered
810 Posts
to put more salt in the wound, if you have a finished basement, that is not covered under FEMA flood either, only mechanical.. Like having a Shelby GT500 Super Snake, and having it listed on your insurance policy as a standard Mustang GT, and not paying for the upgrades..

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
Don't build a house in a flood zone...problem solved!

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
That is hard to do when it is on stilts at the beach. Nothing finished on the ground level just a small storage room.
Well there you have it.
Both my houses are built on the very top of the hill.
Thats why I'm known as "the Heb on the hill"
,,,TLW

·
Registered
810 Posts
3100 sqft
depending on your insurance carrier you should be insured at $387,500 if you have full replacement coverage, market value does not determine coverage of your home.. you would get 677,750 for a total loss, not including flood..LOL

·
broke phucker
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Replacement is 570k(cost of home to build) if destroyed by wind completly using my windstorm policy. However the new laws states that inorder to get windstorm coverage, you have to have flood insurance. That is what s fucked up. If the waters get that high from a storm surge, nothing in the city will be standing so what does it matter. Oh yeah:smt097 Fema..lol

·
Registered
810 Posts
Replacement is 570k(cost of home to build) if destroyed by wind completly using my windstorm policy. However the new laws states that inorder to get windstorm coverage, you have to have flood insurance. That is what s fucked up. If the waters get that high from a storm surge, nothing in the city will be standing so what does it matter. Oh yeah:smt097 Fema..lol
you guys in Texas can't get a few Mexicans to build it for cheaper..>LOL>. I'm trying to save ya money.... you think you got it bad, look where I live.....

·
Registered
559 Posts
if one really wants to get upset just look up what fema can do in a real emergency. from what i have read they are above the law.

·
Registered
17,906 Posts
So I called my insurance agent today to ask him how much I was paying for insurance on my 2nd house. He tells me 8500 a year including flood. So I ask how much is flood insurance and he tells me it is 4500 a year. V zone is what they call it. So it breaks out like this, if you're home is valued at 250k the rate is 3k for that coverage. However if you're home is valued over 500k the rate is 4500. Ok that is fine but the bullshit is that you are only covered for 250k since that is all fema is allowed to cover. So not only do we get screwed on that, the reason being is fema needs to charge the people who have more so they can take care of the people who have less.

It’s because the Federal government subsidizes that insurance and anything more would be a burden to all tax payers. Suck it up if the Government didn’t subsidize it would cost 10 times that! You can buy extra private insurance!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts