Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done this? I'll assume a 1/2 sheet pan and alum foil?

I hate cooking bacon in the house due to the mess. But local store had it for $2.99/lb so I grabbed two packages.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Anyone done this? I'll assume a 1/2 sheet pan and alum foil?

I hate cooking bacon in the house due to the mess. But local store had it for $2.99/lb so I grabbed two packages.
Cast iron on the grill.
Or,
straight tin foil.

wouldn't mess with the sheet fan

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I also cook my bacon in the oven, but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work just fine on the grill.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I always cook it on the side burner if the grill. Just bought a cast iron griddle for the grill but haven't tried bacon on it yet.

·
Former RJ instigator
39,874 Posts
It sure seems like a lot of trouble just to fry bacon, but whatever floats your boat.

Quit being a broke dick and buy a griddle pan for that bad boy.

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too old and fat to clean the oven, tried that once, slipped a disc out of place. Was crying like CarolinaGirl for two weeks (just kidding)

I have used a cast iron Lodge skillet on the grille for peppers and onions, then tossed in already cooked chicken to make tortillas.

I might be able to find Mom's old double burner cast iron griddle for pancakes, but I haven't looked for it in ages. Haven't seen it 35-40 years, dunno if it is still around.

·
Registered
398 Posts
We will often times throw a rectangular cast iron griddle across an opened BGE. If the amounts to cook are large, or if it is already going, the Camp Chef griddle is a can't-be-topped bacon-producing station.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts