Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trans is in a 3200 # 67 mustang with 600" blown on e-85. 1182 hp. and 1114lbs trq. I haven't even taken it to the track just having fun on the street with M.T. 18.5s. First time the trans let go we found a sleeve had been left out of the drum, my trans guy filed the stator and got it back together good enough for hot august nights. Came home and it went away again and understandably so.( used parts). Rod at specrite convertors in Redding Ca. took it and gave me another trans only used twice and his spare. Today I hear a small hollow grinding noise which developed into a real racket quickly. Sounded like a torque convertor bolt. Shut down and restarted in 20 minutes, oddly the noise was gone but the car wouldn't move until 3100 rpm was hit. Rod has done his best to please me but at 5500 bucks i'm tired of these issues. Monday I'll probably ask for my money back. This is mostly a street car that will see minimal track time. But street time doesn't mean slow cruising and shows. My question is should i stick with a glide or ?. Thanks, Steve

·
from across the pond...
6,936 Posts
A proper built glide is capable of 2500hp at more weight than you have.
It needs to be built correctly of course ,but at your level it shouldn't be difficult for the right builder.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's what I've thought, I just wanted to here it from the bullet forums. I've posted with other problems (mostly motor and dyno issues), but have always gotten good advice. thanks to both of you, Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts