Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here using the Frozen Boost Intercoolers? Are you happy with it? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
if you do a search onhere you 'll see no one has one or will not admit to having one
, its been talked about many time s on here , i know of one gut that has one , he went from a ebay one ha paid 299.00 for on a sbf vortec t trim and made 782 hp , and shitched to the froozen boost one and ganed hp , he clams 849 hp
i never saw any numbers but this is what he told me , i spoke to them many time (froozen boost) ) seem okay guy s to talk to , i will some time soon be needing a new cooler and have a hard time coming up with a 1000.00$ plus shipping for a used one , so never mind a new 2000 hp cooled for 1750.00$ , yes you do get what you pay for and quality in probably a big diff. between the two

the way i see it , right now , with the walet beeing si tight , i don't mind loosing 50 + hp and save 1000.00$ , but if i had the money it 'll be a CHISELED

·
Registered
534 Posts
my buddy has one in his camaro with a f2 and it works really good for the price so far its only seen 16lbs of boost. air temps are lower than ambient temps. if buy one buy the race 4" hose drag race setup.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
I bought one never used it but I did pressure check it to 45psi and it held. I don't know what regular ones weigh but this one is pretty heavy

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
my buddy has one in his camaro with a f2 and it works really good for the price so far its only seen 16lbs of boost. air temps are lower than ambient temps. if buy one buy the race 4" hose drag race setup.

there you go , some know about it and is using it
not more then 16 psi

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
what kink of hp you looking to make with it , i will be needing a new cool soon and thats the route i want to go for now

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
very cool , sound nice , 4.90 and bbc with f2 and 3400lbs on that cooler , im sold

·
Registered
188 Posts
Can someone tell me if this is a frozen boost intercooler? This car has gone 8xx, blow thru turbo, if so, they seem to work.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replys guys. I have posted this on a couple boards and most people who have one say they are satisfied. They say the weight is the only difference with the cast end tanks. I might can overlook that though based on the price.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Can someone tell me if this is a frozen boost intercooler? This car has gone 8xx, blow thru turbo, if so, they seem to work.

That looks very similar to my frozen boost intercooler, but can't say for sure

·
Registered
571 Posts
very cool , sound nice , 4.90 and bbc with f2 and 3400lbs on that cooler , im sold
Tony, I'm the one with the F2. So far we have only been 5.90 in the 1/8th not 4.90, but the 123mph is correct. The 5.90 is a suspension issue, not a power issue. So far I am very happy with the intercooler. It is indeed heavy, can't remember exact weight, but I would have no problem throwing 30-35 psi at it. We should have 20-25psi going through it in a few weeks once we get the car figured out with the lower boost.

·
Registered
756 Posts
i have on on my s10 its installed i have go to test yet. but no doubt it will work well and way cheaper than a chiseled or precision. ice water tank gets way cold and swets on the outside. ill proably get a beach towl to stick arround it to absorb the water. the intercooler gets cold as hell too.
im on e85 so i dont need too much intercooler was running 9.12 before only looking for 8.90

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Tony, I'm the one with the F2. So far we have only been 5.90 in the 1/8th not 4.90, but the 123mph is correct. The 5.90 is a suspension issue, not a power issue. So far I am very happy with the intercooler. It is indeed heavy, can't remember exact weight, but I would have no problem throwing 30-35 psi at it. We should have 20-25psi going through it in a few weeks once we get the car figured out with the lower boost.

sorry about the type o
but still very good
how heavy is it , a few of yuo are say it
the shipping wieght doesn't seeem that heavy
for that money , you can't go wrong , any way mine will be in the back above the rear wheels so the wait will work fine for me

·
Registered
571 Posts
I don't know the exact weight but would guess probably 20 lbs or so. Even with it feeling heavy, my thought was the same as yours, for that price you can't go wrong. Plus their shop is just down the street from where I work so I can stop by anytime to chat with them. The guy who owns it is big into the import racing stuff and that is why he started frozen boost.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
when i called them , and asked them about the core, they told me it was there own , whats the core look like compared to the high $ one
but as i said when the time comes i'll be getting one , unless i get a killed deal on a other brand

1 - 20 of 51 Posts