Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
FFW crew
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any guys here using frozen boost heat exchangers as radiators? Street driven?? Looks like a good alternative to expensive split radiators. Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Any guys here using frozen boost heat exchangers as radiators? Street driven?? Looks like a good alternative to expensive split radiators. Thanks,
Jason

Jason they work ok. Just make sure when you get them you check for leaks. Some of our customers are running their air-air coolers and they work good after you seal the leaks...lol

·
FFW crew
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about running 2 or 3 of them for my radiator. I'm just really tight on space!!!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Or Honda civic radiators. Don't know if two f them would cool a 6.0 LS .
Hmm hard to say, since it really will depend on the amount of airflow getting to them as well.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I'm running 3 of them. They work great . The ones I got from Froozen boost didn't leak even after being shipped to the UK. I have an SBC 406 with two Type 117 12 x 12 x 2

and one 26 x7 3.5 type 101.......

I see typically 160deg and 180deg in 30degs weather,this is in 2 hour stationary London traffic jams. The two smaller radiators are not in an optimum posistion hence the 3rd one. You may only need two......Oh and they are ultra light.....

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Yeah they are pretty good and CHEAP!! If you went the honda radiator route which you can also get real cheap, they will cool 600+hp 4 cylinders all day long so they ought to do fine.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
can you get these small rads without fill caps for low mounts??? anyone have measurements for the honda rads

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Anyone using them for actual heat exchanges for air/water intercoolers? I have a street cruiser going together with a little PT1000 a/w cooler, and I was considering one of their heat exchangers for use with it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
i am using 2 of them on my f2 reverse mount bbc....i use the 27x4x7 one down under the blower and the 12x12x2 in the rear of the car above the 4 link area....they are awesome. i can take pictures if you like...i did not want to put 2 12x2 ones in the engine area, i wanted everyone to see my beautiful motor not the radiators :) also i think the remote one in the back will disapate the heat with all the -16 hose from front to back...let me know...ray b

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
i am using 2 of them on my f2 reverse mount bbc....i use the 27x4x7 one down under the blower and the 12x12x2 in the rear of the car above the 4 link area....they are awesome. i can take pictures if you like...i did not want to put 2 12x2 ones in the engine area, i wanted everyone to see my beautiful motor not the radiators :) also i think the remote one in the back will disapate the heat with all the -16 hose from front to back...let me know...ray b
I'd love to see that, please post pics. Thanks!

·
FFW crew
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah they are pretty good and CHEAP!! If you went the honda radiator route which you can also get real cheap, they will cool 600+hp 4 cylinders all day long so they ought to do fine.
Yea I think two would do the trick, and they're cheap.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Using it to cool intercooler water? Have you measured water temp on the street while cruising?
Yes I use it for the intercooler. I have never actually checked the water temp but the intake air temps are usually around 10-12 degrees hotter than the outside air. I do use this car primarily as my daily driver and the frozen boost stuff has worked great for me so far.

·
Registered
592 Posts
+1 for being happy with their products. Using an A-W on my turbo 408... cruising temps are about 10-15 over ambient and WOT usually amounts to 30 over, or so. Heavy, but because they are thick and pretty stout, cast endtanks. Pretty nice stuff, cant be beat for the $$.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts