Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 295/65/15 MT ET Street Radials on the back of my Camaro and Sportsman 26x6x15 on the front (4 ply). They handle weirdly and follow the road crown. I have to constantly correct the steering just to go straight. No problems at the track. I figured I would go radial on the front so I bought a pair of Classic 165/80/15 and installed them. When I let the car down it looked like I had two flat tires on the front! I checked the sidewall and it said "1201lbs @ 44psi" so I put 44 in them. The sidewall still has some buldge to it. My cars weighs 1900lbs in the front so should these be safe? Can I run 50lbs to make the tire rounder?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I would never recommend running more than the max pressure stated on the sidewall. A radial tire will typically have more of a bulge at the bottom than a bias tire.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I was used to seeing the bulgeless Sportsmans on there so it looked odd to me. I sure wish you guys would come out with a matching tire for the front so us guys that run drag radials can get decent tracking. The SR is very expensive and does not match the tread at all.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I agree. A 28" tall radial front tire would be nice.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i just bought a set of 8 ply sportsmans for my third gen f bod and man are they heavy. we'll see how they handle compared to the 4 ply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts