Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to rebuild my front end wanting to go with strange shocks and moroso trick spring or the qa1 bolt in coil overs its a 78 camaro bbc alum heads car weighs arouns 2900 out of the two what would work the best.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Depends on the HP level, under 950 or so I like the stock style spring, over your going to limit a lot and the coil-over/beehives seem to work better

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm around 650-700 so how dose this sound strange da shocks trick springs global west bushings and strange rotors and calipers

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I would always chose the BNC Afcos for the front on a stock front stub. Same price range and it will help save the headers and keep the bounce out if it lifts the front tires up. The rest sounds just fine, drill a hole and weld a nut on the upper for a stop if you need it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can someone pm me a price on some afco single adj bnc for a 78 camaro stock front end

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was really hoping to do my shocks and springs for around 5 bills guess I'll just have to save a little more and how is this set up going to work with my ladder bar and coil over ok

·
Registered
262 Posts
X2 on the DA Afco front shocks with BNC, I would buy the TRZ arms first, then Detroit speed, for nice stock style tubular replacements, the Global West are nice but heavier, I learned the hard way and bought a set of UMI Performance Upper and lower control arms for my Chevelle and they were such ill fitting pieces of shit, they would do nothing for me except I had to send them in they cut the ends off and re welded them for the bushings to line up.
also I would suggest Santhuff springs, they are well worth the money, have better weight transfer and longer life from what everyone has told me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts