Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 Chevy Nova with Koni 5 way SPA1's. I know the shocks need upgrading but it is what I am working with. Seems as if the car hooks and then unloads. I have been 1.30 sixty foot on 325's but now i'm running a 28x9 slick in a 6.50 index class. the shocks were set at 3 from soft but I think its coming up to fast and on way back down its unloading tires. I have QA1's on the rear and on the radials I would set them 3 from soft and the car always hooked. On the slicks I've had them at 2 from soft but never really got the car to hook. 1.37 1 time the rest 1.40 to 1.50. I've won 3 races like this but I need it to hook.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe me I have figured that out. The problem is the class I race in requires 9" slick or 275 M/T's. I ran the 275's but as soon as the sun went down my tires would go away and the guys with the slicks were the ones getting down the track. We race every Friday so I put the slicks on and won 3 outta 5, but always spun just not like the radials.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I would bet its "Basketballing" the rear tire. Without video its hard to tell you what to do. But if you stuck a Radial you will dead hook a Bias also then it will bounce back up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would bet its "Basketballing" the rear tire. Without video its hard to tell you what to do. But if you stuck a Radial you will dead hook a Bias also then it will bounce back up.
Lets say it is "basketballing" what would you do? Do you think going full loose on the front shocks is right?

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
You may need to take some hit out of it to keep from abusing the rear tire. It should slip, not spin, and not dead hook. But I would like to see it, you could tighten the rear shocks and see what the 60 does

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stiffen up the front shock........you are rising too fast, extending the shock and yanking the front back down. At this point you then unload the back tires. I'm guessing the spin is happening about 10' off the starting line?
Your right, it is spinning about 10 feet out. After reading hundreds of posts in the last few days I did kinda think I went the wrong way on the shock. I re-tightened them up with an extra half turn from where they were originally. Thanks for your input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts