Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've talked myself into getting some DA's instead of another set of wheels and tires lol

I have a 3900lb 70 gm a-body that is probably REALLY nose heavy... S400 turbo, a2w intercooler, heat exchanger up front etc.

So, right now I can only choose front or rear shocks. And currently just have 90/10 front and 50/50 rear setup.

Would I be better off getting da's for the rear or front? And if the front would sa's be good enough since I don't think I have to worry about pulling and big wheel stands or anything like that.

Thanks

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I would put them all the way round. But if only on one end the back. I would not go by the post in the other section at all.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would put them all the way round. But if only on one end the back. I would not go by the post in the other section at all.
ill have them all of the way around eventually, just can only afford to do one right now...

its just a 10 sec car and im still learning all this suspension stuff, just dont know how far i need to go with things

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
If you have a radial tire on the back and limited power you will want a very loose ext and tighten the compression to keep the hit applied then as the power comes up you can adjust to it

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have a radial tire on the back and limited power you will want a very loose ext and tighten the compression to keep the hit applied then as the power comes up you can adjust to it
thanks, can anyone give me the part number that ill need? i looked earlier today and found two diff ones listed for my application..they were just different lengths and strokes i bellieve

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I tooks Jeff and others advice and bought the Afco BNC DAs but I started at the front. Mainly as I found a deal on them.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone else have a part number for my app.? i tried looking up 3780 and couldnt find anything

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whenever i try to pull up a part number list on their site it says page not found...for 300 a shock i want to buy the right ones the first time

·
Registered
342 Posts
Normally for the rear would be # 3870R-1. But, your car looks like it sits pretty low (which is awesome!), you would be best measuring the current installed height (mount to mount distance) before purchasing. Alot of the time a 7" stroke is too long for a lowered car. There are a few options that can work. Give me a call if you need any help.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Normally for the rear would be # 3870R-1. But, your car looks like it sits pretty low (which is awesome!), you would be best measuring the current installed height (mount to mount distance) before purchasing. Alot of the time a 7" stroke is too long for a lowered car. There are a few options that can work. Give me a call if you need any help.
the car in my sig isnt my car, just same...it looks better than mine lol

i have 28in tall tires in the rear and the fenders barely come over the tires

1 - 15 of 15 Posts