Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i mount a 1 gal. fuel cell in front of the stock frame on my 69 will one 1 1/4'' tube be enough ? Or does it have to have a cage surrounding the whole cell ? Would like to use 1/2'' tubing to make a frame to mount it to the 1 1/4'' tube. Not sure if thats legal or not. Thanks .

·
I kill parts
10,149 Posts
I need to get some up-dated pics of mine. I ran a 1-1/4" out and around it from frame rail to frame rail, then used 1/2" to mount it to as I believe you're talking. Car was cert'd by one of the toughest techs in our area and he never even questioned it, nor has any track official. - I believe the rule says something about having a minimum of a 1-1/4" tube all the way around it, but does not specify quanitity or positioning, thus meaning as long as the one tube goes out and around it you're fine to do whatever you please otherwise.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to get some up-dated pics of mine. I ran a 1-1/4" out and around it from frame rail to frame rail, then used 1/2" to mount it to as I believe you're talking. Car was cert'd by one of the toughest techs in our area and he never even questioned it, nor has any track official. - I believe the rule says something about having a minimum of a 1-1/4" tube all the way around it, but does not specify quanitity or positioning, thus meaning as long as the one tube goes out and around it you're fine to do whatever you please otherwise.
Thats what i thought it meant also, and yes thats exactly how i intended to mount it, just not 100% sure its legal.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
You could be right, just dont see the need if its inside the frame rails. The way you mounted yours i think it does need to be on all 4 sides.
mine is on all four sides, its just hard to see in that picture.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine is on all four sides, its just hard to see in that picture.
Yea, i could see it , thats why i agreed. It's outside the frame rail.Looks like your doing a good job on it too.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any more opinions or pics ??? Really dont want to do this but 1 time, LOL.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One single 1.25" tube around the front of the cell. Check out any Pro Stock chassis car...all the builders do it the same way usually.

Thanks for confirming that Kyle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts