Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Does it have to be Michigan?

Last I heard, this one is available. It's near me in NY and currently has a blown Pontiac. I'm guessing he wants to sell it complete, but if you have interest I could get his contact info and you and him can hash out the gory details.

Thanks for the reply. I am a member on Glenn's site and he is going with a blown power plant next. Great guy, VERY nice rail too...
I'm keeping an eye on a few right now...time will tell if I find one...

John

·
46,890 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am a member on Glenn's site and he is going with a blown power plant next. Great guy, VERY nice rail too...
I'm keeping an eye on a few right now...time will tell if I find one...

John
I thought I saw it converted to blower last year.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Here is mine. The black pictures are how we got it when we bought it. The all ree body was the first rebuild and the red/white combo is the current state. Getting mt stack injection ready fro the BBC and should be running next week hopefully.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I watched the 1965 Winternationals on dvd tonight, saw the guy with the Indian get up!!!
I also watched the 1963 Nationals (same dvd)........SO COOL!!!!!!
I was so entranced while watching.....it seems silly I guess but I was just in awe watching it.....don't know how to explain why or how any better....just so fucking cool watching stuff from so early in the history of drag racing.
That’s Canadian Bob Beezer in the Indian outfit.
Here’s the story on Bob.

http://cdrhf.com/Inductees/bob-beezer/

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
I had this car from '76 to about '80. Ran 8.40 in B/ED when the index was 8.65 but you had to go at least .4 under to win. I never had the funds to buy the latest gear, ran mostly with other people's castoff junk and a lot of home made stuff.

I never knew a lot about it's origin, does anyone here recognize it? When the previous owner got it it had a clutchflite and mounts for a BBC in it, and B/D on the cowl. The rear was a 57 chevy with a mag. center section. The front axle in these photos is not original, was replaced after running over the lights at Cecil. It came with a fitted homebuilt enclosed trailer, the trailer had '65, '66 and '67 Indy stickers inside the door.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts