Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a wheel stand issue I have been cranking down my limiters and it is helping some. Right now I am at 3" of travel. Just wondering how tight some have gone without issues. I am thinking 2.5-2.75" might be my sweet spot if it will still hook there.
I have a 75 Firebird with split mono springs and cal-trac bars. 60fts are in the mid-high 1.2 range when the track and air are good.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
That is an interesting question. How do you choose between tightening shocks and taking away travel

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I'm at 1.5" of travel on my TRZ limiters... and I have 8 clicks on rebound setting on my Strange dbls... And it is still on the edge at times of going too high... Though, think I found the sweet spot. ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
That is an interesting question. How do you choose between tightening shocks and taking away travel
keep tightening shocks until full tight, if it's still coming in the air to high, then start limiting travel, if it runs out of travel and is still a wheelie monster throw more power at it to get wheel speed up

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
like smallblocknova said. i would add to that, if you hit full tight on the extension and it still pulling to much wheelie start tighting the limiters. i never tighten them past 2.5" of travel for a few reasons. 1 if it still wheelies there not enough shock left to dampen the crash down and bad shit happens.. moving weight around is a better way.

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
the pic in smallblocks sig is all i ever want to see in anything i play with.. thats a perfect launch

·
Registered
967 Posts
It took sending our shocks back several times to get them valved properly, different subject but on front and rear. Most times when you buy shocks they are valved for lightweight cars. I like the shock super tight with 2''-3" travel. Our shock sensors don't show full travel until 1-2 seconds this way it keeps putting weight on the rear tire threw 60' not just on the hit. KG

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
right there^^^^^ data logging shocks is pricless info, 99.9% of you guys don't get.. most guys won't spend the time getting the shocks right either... VERY NICE JOB KGIBLIN...

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Can also add a stiffer front spring.... you won't have as much unsprung weight.... will slow down the lift as well.

·
aka Nova Joe
2,888 Posts
It took sending our shocks back several times to get them valved properly, different subject but on front and rear. Most times when you buy shocks they are valved for lightweight cars. I like the shock super tight with 2''-3" travel. Our shock sensors don't show full travel until 1-2 seconds this way it keeps putting weight on the rear tire threw 60' not just on the hit. KG
Mine have been back a few times

·
Registered
967 Posts
I should have said you do not have to have shock sensors to do this a good high speed camera will do just as much good. Some people may be able to see what happens in real time but not everything that happened. Notes and camera is your friend.

KG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts