Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into an msd front drive distributor for SBC. Other than convenience are there any other advantages to them?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Plus # 34: Moves some weight forward to keep the front end down.
Plus # 35: Saves your back from having to lean against the firewall to inspect the rotor.
:)

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
How bout less chance of spark scatter @ high rpm's due to the increased diameter...............

More accurate rotor phase as you have eliminated the camshaft flex out of the equation............

They Look Cool............ but are NOT a necessity ....................

·
Busy being a cunt
30,225 Posts
Has anyone who has changed from a standard distributor to a front mount(Jesel style)or vise versa seen and increase/decrease in performance :confused: or is it more a convenience change :confused:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
nothing is a negative about a belt drive diet over a "conventional" style,....

·
Busy being a cunt
30,225 Posts
Is it worth any power Butch :confused: enough to warrant going from a standard style water pump to remote pump? Cause that's what I will be looking at with my next engine as I won't be able to fit a standard style pump in with a front mount distributor :(

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Just changing from standard dist type to front mount will not increase any horsepower.

Most guys go to the front mount because they can't fit a standard in there Chassie due to engine setback or there intake has no provision for a distributor.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
I havent tested mine yet but hell it is convenient. Didnt have much room with my intake and I'm running and external oil amd water pump amyways so it was a no brainer for my application. I figured I would also benefit from the more stable spark distribution as I will running loads of nitrous. I fugure the chevy giys would really love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts