Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at msd type front drive distributor. Any other advantage to them besides being more convenient to adjust?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Pat the distributor is still driven off the camshaft. (At least it is in my LSX Jesel drive). Perhaps I'm missing something obvious here.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Im a jesel dealer, pm me or call 267-446-3525. Thanks Ton..

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
Pat the distributor is still driven off the camshaft. (At least it is in my LSX Jesel drive). Perhaps I'm missing something obvious here.
The drive for the distributor and the drive for the cam are now within an inch of each other. No diflection from a two foot cam core twisting between like when the drives are at either end. - front cam drive (chain or belt) and distributor at back of engine

·
Registered
292 Posts
it's driven off the crank, cam timing belt gear. As opposed to the worm gear on the shaft, on a bbc/sbc that is all the way at the back. By then the lifters and valve springs have put lots of torsional stress on the cam. Not to mention the slop in the distributor gear and driving the oil pump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts