Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Blothru Bullsh!t
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been discussed somewhere, but I have been searching for the last hour and can't find a definite answer. I want to buy front brakes for my Mustang to get rid of some weight up front and I am hung up on Wilwood or Strange. My main concerns are that the car is going to be street driven quite a bit every year, and I DO NOT want the wheel to move out or in from its current position. I have heard that the Wilwood moves the wheel out 3/4" and the Strange does not, but I have also heard the Wilwood is a better choice for the street.

Here are the two kits I was looking at:
This Wilwood kit is a copy of what I have on the rears, and I love them. They are vented, but NOT drilled or slotted.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WIL-140-11018/

This is the Strange kit, which I noticed does not come vented, and I would assume that is why it is not really meant for a streetcar.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/STR-B4145WC/

I really appreciate the help guys!

~Bobby

·
Registered
683 Posts
what do you mean it's not vented? you see the slots in the rotor and rotor hat? anyways, i have the Strange's all the way around on my heavy ass big block Chevelle and they work great on the street.

·
Blothru Bullsh!t
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Generic pics....
Wilwood-Not a solid disc and has two sides with a vented space in the middle:

Strange rotor is not vented, it is just slotted. A solid disc.

There is a difference between the two.

·
Blothru Bullsh!t
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention this is on a 3350lb, when I am done with it(3440 right now), Turbo Mustang that has been 8.30s in the quarter and 5.30s in the eighth. Hoping for at least the same performance next year if not a little better.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The new Wilwood 11" vented kit only moves the wheels out .24" compared to the .75+ by most other street kits. I have seen a few drag kits on the street but they definitely do not last as long as the vented kits. Strange would be the best of the drag brakes on the street. If you are interested, give me a call and I can give you a price.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Tired of using the chute? Lol!

I'm upgrading my fronts as well. Having trouble making the last turn in.

Casey

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Just call BAER Brakes and ask for Rick, he'll get you set up with what you need.

·
Registered
415 Posts
X2 on calling BAER! By far the nicest brake, especially if your going to street drive it..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts