Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seemed to have lost my notes that I once had on this and am in need of a refresher. In a 4L80E when removing the front band due to use of an aluminum drum on the street in a high rev application, should you just block the Intermediate Overrun Band Servo from making contact with the drum by simply installing a nut on it, removing the spring, and doing nothing else.... OR do you have to completely remove the entire servo assembly, block the feed passages in the case for the Intermediate Overrun Band Servo, remove the 3rd check ball, and block both holes on the separator plate shown in the top image below? Basically I need to know if everything in the top image is correct, or if the bottom image is correct for each of the following applications:

A. When using a stock valve body/no transbrake and no front band
B. When using a Jakes D3 brake and no front band. (To be specific, the old version with 2 shift solenoids on the 3/4 accumulator block and 2nd gear leave option.)

Which image is correct for A and which image is correct for B?

Automotive tire Font Audio equipment Gas Engineering

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Rim Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect! I wasn't sure how far up the piston traveled so as long as there's no chance of the nut/spacer as pictured coming off the piston, I'll setup both application A and B per the bottom picture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts