1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
24,008 Posts
In that same period, typical worker wages increased by 10%. Several other articles supporting this enormous disparity between the bosses pay and the employees over the past 30 years.

No wonder the middle class is disappearing so fast. Greed. Pay your employees shit, and vote yourself a 3 million dollar raise.

http://www.epi.org/publication/ceo-pay-continues-to-rise/?_ga=1.163320380.1693009577.1400793577
So, YOU tell me ONLY CEO salaries are rising? WTF? DID professional sport players not increase, also? 'You are blaming the wrong people. Blame the Board of Directors, NOT the CEO. If YOU are offered a job making a Zillion dollars, even though YOU know or feel it is too much, YOU going to turn it down?

Don't fall for the normal liberal crap sandwich.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I am always amused at all the people who care about how much the CEO makes. Being a CEO is not an easy job and is something that very few people in the world have the skills necessary to do the job. CEO's of large companies have the livelihoods of 10's of thousands of people in their hands and make decisions which affect them all, all while having to kiss the ass of the board of directors, and assuring that they are maximizing the profits of the stockholders. Its a fucking hard job and that is why they are so well compensated. All the people complaining have enough time managing having one person or having a handful of people on their ass, imagine multiplying that by one thousand.

·
Registered
15,923 Posts
I am always amused at all the people who care about how much the CEO makes. Being a CEO is not an easy job and is something that very few people in the world have the skills necessary to do the job. CEO's of large companies have the livelihoods of 10's of thousands of people in their hands and make decisions which affect them all, all while having to kiss the ass of the board of directors, and assuring that they are maximizing the profits of the stockholders. Its a fucking hard job and that is why they are so well compensated. All the people complaining have enough time managing having one person or having a handful of people on their ass, imagine multiplying that by one thousand.
Hello simple parrot.

Its so sad that people like you have been told to support the greedy pieces of shit that are ruining this country.

·
Registered
15,923 Posts
So, YOU tell me ONLY CEO salaries are rising? WTF? DID professional sport players not increase, also? 'You are blaming the wrong people. Blame the Board of Directors, NOT the CEO. If YOU are offered a job making a Zillion dollars, even though YOU know or feel it is too much, YOU going to turn it down?

So how many people do the sports players employ?? :rolleyes:

Is there a single conservative that doesn't mindlessly eat Faux news dick with a smile?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Hello simple parrot.

Its so sad that people like you have been told to support the greedy pieces of shit that are ruining this country.

I am not supporting anyone I just understand what are the underlying factors which have resulted in the increased salaries.

1.) Companies are larger than they have ever been. They operate on a global scale in ways that could not even have been imagined 50 years ago. The larger the firm and the more money it makes the more money that the person in charge makes (essentially)

2.) The salaries of Ceo's are often linked to their performance. Many Ceo's have a minimal salary often being $1. They receive most of their income in the form of stock options. The better that the stock performs the more money they make.

3.) Everyone has the ability to get another job. If they do not like how much they are making they have the ability to seek other form of employment.

4.) The salary of a CEO is determined by the Board of Directors not the CEO.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

directly and indirectly NFL players as a whole employ ten of thousands of people. Everyone from their agents to the people handing out beers at a stadium to the people who distribute their jerseys receive part or all of their income because of NFL players.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
In that same period, typical worker wages increased by 10%. Several other articles supporting this enormous disparity between the bosses pay and the employees over the past 30 years.

No wonder the middle class is disappearing so fast. Greed. Pay your employees shit, and vote yourself a 3 million dollar raise.

http://www.epi.org/publication/ceo-pay-continues-to-rise/?_ga=1.163320380.1693009577.1400793577
Aw, poor baby!

I learned a lotta years ago that what was in someone else's pocket had absolutely nothing to do with what was in mine.

Your whinging is nothing more than the bullshit line that's part of class warfare.

KS

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Aw, poor baby!

I learned a lotta years ago that what was in someone else's pocket had absolutely nothing to do with what was in mine.

Your whinging is nothing more than the bullshit line that's part of class warfare.

KS
THIS!!!!

if someone does not like how much they are making they need go gain the skills needed to be worth to an employer what they think they are worth or start their own company and pay themselves what they think they are worth.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,649 Posts
THE MOTHER FUCKING BOSS

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

Bullshit..most ceos are paid by the board based on the input from the executive compensation comittee. Its not unusual for ceos to be on the boards of companies who are run by people on their boards. Its all a big club and absolutely not driven by matket forces. Why are they worth 937% more now? Add that to the fact they are paid to hit the guidance they give the street and not actual performance of the company. Hitting a hard call /= performance or growth for all.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevedenning/2011/11/28/maximizing-shareholder-value-the-dumbest-idea-in-the-world/

·
King of all Assclowns
11,308 Posts
Hello simple parrot.

You do realize that the same so called "greedy pieces of shit" are the reason we have this excellent lifestyle over here right? It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
Did you know that there is nothing preventing you from becoming one of those greedy pricks too? That's right, with some education, perseverance, and the willingness to put your career above everything else, you too can become a corporate CEO.

·
Registered
12,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Compared to other civilized countries all over the world, we're VERY skewed in pay from bottom to top, and middle to upper middle. The average worker to upper management pay difference is enormous.

If that's all good with you, and you like this system, you likely don't work for a giant corporation.

·
Registered
12,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you know that there is nothing preventing you from becoming one of those greedy pricks too? That's right, with some education, perseverance, and the willingness to put your career above everything else, you too can become a corporate CEO.

That's all it takes! Awesome advice, thanks!

·
Banned
18,012 Posts
Compared to other civilized countries all over the world, we're VERY skewed in pay from bottom to top, and middle to upper middle. The average worker to upper management pay difference is enormous.

If that's all good with you, and you like this system, you likely don't work for a giant corporation.
You should move.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Not nearly as many as the CEO's do....which makes it worse(for the sports stars) by the way.

The report is somewhat disingenuous also as stock options are not neccessarily re-occurring and we are also in our third stock market bubble in 15 years.

I do support giving all employees stock options as part of their pay so that they keep rowing the boat in the correct direction though.

·
Registered
24,008 Posts

Is there a single conservative that doesn't mindlessly eat Faux news dick with a smile?

Come back WHEN you can defend your assertions intelligently, and with some FACTS. I fail to see how many people they employ is even germane to your assertions.

Yes, you are correct, CONSERVATIVES do revel in facts, unlike liberals who are more attuned to making their own facts to fit their agenda.

·
Registered
12,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fuck you idiots that don't realize it's a broken system, and you've just learned to accept it, or your brainwashed by those in power. Chances are most of all, you don't work for one of the giant corporations I'm referring to. I'm not talking about the small to medium business owner. And I'm not simply blaming the CEO's for the huge money they make. I understand the system.

Proof that it's broken: We ship how many jobs overseas or to Mexico to save a few cents a unit, to stay competitive, but keep giving enormous bonus and salary to the top tier. We lay off or cut how many jobs, health benefits, etc.. to thousands, but if you're up near the top, proof is there that the money keeps on flowing. Fuck the little guy.

No loyalty and no security working for most big corporations, just a big shit sandwich, and every day you take a bigger bite.

If you think that numbers and out of whack pay increases for the already rich is a liberal perspective, your a fucking idiot.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts