Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a huge deer problem in the town I live in, there are more deer wondering the streets than domestic pets (the deer bed down in peoples back yards).
The fuckers keep mowing down my garden (they come through at night), other than a 300 magnum or build a fence to stop them is there anything out there product wise that will keep them out of my yard? My garden area is about 100' square, and my yard is just short of an acre.
I saw some sort of powder in Lowes or Home Depot, if I remember right it was mainly dried blood (think it was called Uncle Tims or something like that) that you sprinkle around the perimeter.
The city is looking at doing things but nothing yet, and usually what follows the deer in are coyote's and wolves so the further they are from my yard the better.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You can hang bars of soap around the garden on posts. An electric fence works fairly well also. I'd be more than happy to setup on your roof and take care of this problem for you!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your post has given me wood,please give latitude and longitude of said problem.

LOL, I here you there, but for every 5 you shoot there is 10 to replace them. If there wasn't jail time for discharging a gun in City limits my neighbor would have filled both our freezers 10 times over.
I am in British Columbia and basically any town or City you come into has this problem so bring your shootin stuff up and help our cause.

You cant shoot any in the woods because all the fuckers are in town!

·
IgnoreIsForPussies
20,761 Posts
LOL, I here you there, but for every 5 you shoot there is 10 to replace them. If there wasn't jail time for discharging a gun in City limits my neighbor would have filled both our freezers 10 times over.
I am in British Columbia and basically any town or City you come into has this problem so bring your shootin stuff up and help our cause.

You cant shoot any in the woods because all the fuckers are in town!
A Ruger 10-22 with a bull-barrel makes very little noise.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,556 Posts
FULL SIZE DOG.....AND GUN ARE THE ONLY THING THAT WILL KEEP THEM AT BAY....IN DAYLIGHT HOURS....MOST DEER MOVE AT NIGHT....SO YOUR GARDEN IS FAIR GAME

·
Registered
418 Posts
You CAN shoot a bow or crossbow in town!!

You can also sprinkle human hair clippings around the outside of your garden. The hair will keep them out for a couple of months. At least this works for wild deer in the woods.

·
Registered
21,609 Posts
We have the same problem here. If it's a flower garden, you can use TreeGuard. It contains the most bitter compound known in a lates base so it doesn't wash off easily. If it's a vegetable garden, then you can use motion activated sprayers. I put Irish Spring soap shavings in mine but I've not tried it on food plants. You have to move the speakers regularly cause they learn how to avoid them over time.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Somebody is going to start blasting them soon, several dogs have already been trampled, and next will be a child. There are several bull elk wandering in these herds so it is only a matter of time.
You tube "Cranbrook deer attack" that just happened up the road from me. Dog lived but was pretty busted up.

·
Dick for hire
17,960 Posts
Offer me lodging for a week and a hose and table out back behind your house. I'll even buy my own plane ticket. And I'll take care of your deer problem.

·
Banned
5,358 Posts
Have the same problem on my farm with my garden,deer everywhere.I'm next to a huge public resevoir where the deer are protected,they breed like rabbits.Only thing that has worked for me as suggested is an electric fence,with a solar box.Also,whenever I'm outside working,and I have to piss,I do it around the garden perimeter.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
We have the same problem here. If it's a flower garden, you can use TreeGuard. It contains the most bitter compound known in a lates base so it doesn't wash off easily. If it's a vegetable garden, then you can use motion activated sprayers. I put Irish Spring soap shavings in mine but I've not tried it on food plants. You have to move the speakers regularly cause they learn how to avoid them over time.
I will try the sprinkler thing this spring. They are so domesticated now they think they own the yards. I was on my porch and one walked right by me (6' away) scared the fuck out of me because it came from behind the side of the house. I tried to scare it away and it just looked at me like what kind of dumb fuck are you and continued grazing at my expense.
My son shot one in the ass with a pellet gun once and it put the run on him.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah so smart they run in front of traffic...then 10 others follow behind the one that just got smashed. Very smart indeed
Ya really hey. Sometimes we have to stop in town to let the herd cross the street, if I had a big push bar there would be some fur flying with a big "whoops didn't see them".

1 - 20 of 72 Posts