Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making this again today because it is that good. I'll document for you.
Nothing could be easier, and the taste is restraunt quality. I didn't beleive it but now I make this at least once a month.

French dip
Crock pot
Beef roast, any type will do
1 can French onion soup
1 can beef consommé soup
Chunk of butter, (1/3 stick of so)
I like more onion so I chop up 2 slices

That is seriously it. Throw it all in the. Crock pot on low for the day and it's ready for supper.

Grab some fresh buns, any type of white cheese I just use Swiss sandwich singles for the ease.
Shred the meat, drain using a strainer and put all the juice into dipping bowls. Throw meat on bun with cheese and dip in juice. Done deal!

·
Registered
15,629 Posts
Your timing is quite good to post a string on Philly Sandwich's. By happenstance I did a prime ribeye steak last night. It was a pound n a half so there is lots left. Great idea. Only as usual I do it a little different but also very easy.

The meat........ Just trim and thin slice leftover stead or Rib Roast against the grain.

Onions.......... Gotta have sautéed Sweet Onions.

Cheese........... Gotta have a slice or two of Provolone cheese.

Bread............... Usually use a French Beget.

Au Jus............ Gotta have a dipping sauce. Usually take Beef Broth concentrate, Butter and make a real strong broth. Then just add commercial brown gravy mix to thicken it some.

Directions:

Put al little butter to a pan, throw in a handful of beef, some Onions on top, a splash of Au Jus, a slice of cheese and cover. When the cheese is melted, scoop it up and put it on top of the sliced bread. Simple, but as good as I have ever had.

Great idea. Sure worked out good for me. Thanks!!

Denny

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did basically that last time, good hoagies, fancy cheese and a better cut of meat etc. this time I was seeing how cheap I could do it so I use hamburger buns and chuck. Tasted pretty similar. It was under $20 and will do about 15-18 hamburger buns worth. So about $1.25 per sandwich lol

·
Former RJ instigator
44,103 Posts
I did basically that last time, good hoagies, fancy cheese and a better cut of meat etc. this time I was seeing how cheap I could do it so I use hamburger buns and chuck. Tasted pretty similar. It was under $20 and will do about 15-18 hamburger buns worth. So about $1.25 per sandwich lol
I hear ya, that's definitely some cheap eats.

I don't know if you like mexican food or not but you can take some of that left over meat and roll it up in a small flour tortilla, use some tooth picks to hold it together, pan fry or deep fry it just long enough to 'crisp' up the tortilla, drain on paper towels for a sec, then pour some mexican white cheese dip over it, that shit is fucking bomb bay buddy......., beef flautas FTW!

·
Trolling the Trolls
17,543 Posts
Like everyone has a different cam/head/intake combo that works on a 350 chevy, many ways to tweak it and get great results.

I have gout issues so that much beef is not allowed....but I'm drooling thinking about it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.