Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a carbed engine swap, no heater core or a/c, no radio. does anyone make a kit that makes this simple? I tore this car apart 10 years ago and the wiring was a nightmare then and now I have no clue. There was a car alarm with some small switches (maybe kill switch of some kind) lots of cut wires and splices for amp and stereo.

Anyways Chilton's seems worthless, I've been staring at the manual for two days and I'm getting no where. Anyone have insight? Actual wiring pictures? Dash is completely out of the car with wiring mostly attached to it

·
Registered
269 Posts
Start fresh with a used harness connect everything with as little in the car for access and remove the 3xcrss wires as you go 1 at a time. I assume your trying to lighten and streamline. Otherwise just a stock used harness shouldn't be too expensive I see a tone of parts foxbodys stripped to bare shells with parts for sale all over facebook

Other wise count your circuits and go with a painless or other company custom harness.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
It depends on what you want to do. I pulled all my factory wiring and rewired it all with a painless kit. They have several different setups, you just have to figure out how many circuits you need and buy the one that fits your needs. For instance https://www.painlessperformance.com/wc/50412

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have a painless 6 circuit in one mustang with manual windows and 8 circuit in another mustang, I used the factory headlights tail light and brake light circuit in both, plus power window circuit in the one with power windows.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea that's something I didn't think about. I do have power locks, windows, lumbar, and will be installing electric fuel pump, elec fans, plus I'll be using the original dash cluster

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I have a painless 6 circuit in one mustang with manual windows and 8 circuit in another mustang, I used the factory headlights tail light and brake light circuit in both, plus power window circuit in the one with power windows.

I also used the headlight and tailight harnesses because they were fine. I tied into the existing window and lock harnesses also. So technically I removed most of the wiring.

·
Registered
615 Posts
American Autowire. I found the quality of the AA kit far better, for the same money, as the Painless harness that I removed from the car I'm doing now.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I have a complete Fox body wire schematic for the 1991 year. I also have a 93 electrical and vacuum trouble shooting book. Both are from HELM. You can do a search and get it. The wiring diagrams I will never give up. I loaned them in a pristine condition to a close friend and I got back crumpled torn crap. I will never loan them out. I use them a lot of time and that is how I rewired my coupe. So give HELM a try and it may be available electronically as mine are hard paper and a odd size at that.

Good Luck
Chuck
PAE

·
Registered
176 Posts
Anyways Chilton's seems worthless, I've been staring at the manual for two days and I'm getting no where. Anyone have insight? Actual wiring pictures? Dash is completely out of the car with wiring mostly attached to it
Another option is AllDataDIY. They have some decent wiring diagrams that may help. Currently, there's 1-year subscription for $19.95 using coupon code 'DIYDISCOUNT'.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have all data, they've been generally not helpful almost each time I use them. Doesn't seem to matter which vehicle it's for or what im working on alldata doesn't have what I need

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just give me a call tomorrow, I will be in shop all day working. I would need a list of your components, and if that panel will fit your car, but I have done a few Fox Body cars with that panel design. Once I have a list of your components. Is this a NA car?

·
Registered
392 Posts
The panel in the pic has both directionals and power windows they are the controllers on the panel lower right. The switch panel is the AutoRod Controls 12001. You may only need 8 switches which would be an 8001. Each circuit has a 40 relay and a 30 Amp fuse. Really nice panel for the money!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have this pattern on file can fit one to your hardware.

View attachment 46887

I have a beautiful 92 EFI Fox body that I converted to a Carbureted 347 Stroker…Problem is the wiring under the hood is a total rats nest that looks horrible. I have called all of the usual sources such as Painless, LMR, Speedway, Summit and about many others, trying to find a company who will make me a engine harness for my carbureted 92 Fox body…If you guys know of any one or a company who can do a wiring harness please PM me...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts