Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 mustang I am putting a new 8.8 in it. It had the factory control arms in the rear. I have a 80 capri that I am in the process of backhalving that has solid tubular lower control arms and single adjustable uppers I was going to swap from the capri to the mustang. The lowers bolt up fine but the uppers seem to be wider than the pocket in the 92. Not much maybe 1/8-3/16" or so guessing right now. Are the upper pockets different on different year foxbodys? Most all control arms say 79-93 mustang/79-86 capri. To double check I took the factory one from the 92 and put it in upper pocket in the capri and there is alot of side to side play. Thanks for any help before I order some control arms that wont fit

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has heim joints that bolt into the pocket with I am assuming spacers. Can I just cut or machine what's needed off the spacer? Don't really want to mini sledge the torque box

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have a new set of UPR upper control arms I will let go for extremely cheap. Never installed $100.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
It has heim joints that bolt into the pocket with I am assuming spacers. Can I just cut or machine what's needed off the spacer? Don't really want to mini sledge the torque box
Yes just do that. They should be the same... just the 80 Capri upper torque box area probably has taken a beating over the past 35 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts