Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fox bracket car with 28 10.50 PBR rear tires. This weekend car went 1.29x short times and 6.12x all weekend. 16 out of 19 passes where in the 6.12s. Later rounds Sunday. Track is not known for keeping up with track prep and 5th round of Pro the thing spins the tires at the hit. Did not do it all weekend. Lower bar is parallel to ground and upper bar is angled down in front. I dont have the measurments in front of me at this moment but If I recall IC is around 34" and ruffly 140% AS. If I where to lower rear of lower bar 1" would that help on marginal track conditions?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My lower bar is 3/4 inch lower in rear and does great except for really crappy prep
Top bar is angled down to front too? This was a marginaly prepped track and it just blew them off at the hit after going multiple 6.12s

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, my top bar is angled down toward the front. Bottom bar is about 3/4 lower in rear than at the front bolt.
Mine will be a inch lower in rear. Hopefully that gives us some more bite. Car was deadly early in the day

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
You should probably check your calculations, it seems odd that you are getting that much AS with a lower bar that is parrallel. Do you have shock sensors?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its what baselines calculator told me. I measured 3 times. It may not of been that high. Im not sure. I have extension full loose on rear and it doesn't really separate. First movement it tire driving down but thats about it. Doesn't try and separate much more then that. Ill try it hopefully next friday at a test and tune and see what it does.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Its what baselines calculator told me. I measured 3 times. It may not of been that high. Im not sure. I have extension full loose on rear and it doesn't really separate. First movement it tire driving down but thats about it. Doesn't try and separate much more then that. Ill try it hopefully next friday at a test and tune and see what it does.
Baselines calculator is calibrated for their setup. Not sure how much difference there is in the results but I have their rear suspension and does relocate the uppers a bit.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

Extension full loose would smack the end of the shocks fairly quick with that much AS I would think.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Extension full loose would smack the end of the shocks fairly quick with that much AS I would think.
It could be off. I thought it would extend harder too but it doesn't. I turn up the 2 step and it does a little harder. But Im going to leave that where it is at. 3800 rpm and try it. Hopefully after that will just be controlling it with the shock extension. Time will tell

·
Registered
300 Posts
Our track sucks, I like more antisquat to help that. Lowering that bar will give you more antisquat. However your measuents will also change I’m guessing it’s gonna pull the instant center closer. Also I only have 1 inch of shock showing in the rear. If you have a lot of antisquat and your rear shocks are full loose on extension your ic/anti-squat will change as the back of the car begins to go up during the transbrake. I use the rear shock to basically hold my settings and have a decently tight shock so it doesn’t raise during the Transbrake.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, seems odd. My car has about 130% AS and it separates more than that just when I stall up on the brake.
There is not a lot of extension movement at the hit. It does go down just a tad. I dont know if we are going to get to go Friday and try it or not yet. Have a race next weekend we are going to try and race if we can.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MOved lower of rear bar down 1" for this race. Track looked very sketchy as we had a lot of rain the day before and it was 35 degrees the night before the race. Sun came out and after first qual in pro they announced super pro to do burnouts past he start line for rubber. Car never spun like it did before but not much separation in rear yet. Car went a pb of 6.06

·
Registered
653 Posts
Maybe your shocks are doing their job too well if its not separating with more AS?? But congrats on the new best.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe your shocks are doing their job too well if its not separating with more AS?? But congrats on the new best.
Man I wouldn't think that would be it. Im leaving really soft I think yet. 3500 rpm is the 2 step. Could go as high as almost 6. Maybe try and raise it once and see. The harder we hit it the more it will want to extend.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hell maybe ill lower it one more notch and see what happens. Lower bar in the rear that is. Worse case is it doesnt work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts