Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of you guys use stock 5.0 rear coil springs with one coil cut off and are getting so killer 60 foot times. Are there any other ford oem slings I can use that I can actually find?

·
Car ramrod
10,130 Posts
Why cant you find stock 5.0 springs? I got about 3 sets at home.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything I find local is junk, vert springs or someone already cut to much off or better yet the people try to sell my 4 cyl springs so my luck hasn't been that great lol

·
Car ramrod
10,130 Posts
Gotcha. Why not try springs off a grand marquis or a v8 tbird? Sn95 springs will work as well

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
I would like to find a set that is cut. Instead of cutting mine. Anyone got some?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Have been looking as well... what length would be appropriate in aftermarket springs? 10,12,or 14"??

·
Registered
104 Posts
Do u put any extra weight in the trunk? Right now I have a battery and fuel cell. Car weighs in @ 2600 + driver. 60 ft is around 1.40 to 1.45, but I only launch at about 1800 rpm or the tires (10") will break loose.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Do u put any extra weight in the trunk? Right now I have a battery and fuel cell. Car weighs in @ 2600 + driver. 60 ft is around 1.40 to 1.45, but I only launch at about 1800 rpm or the tires (10") will break loose.
I have battery & cell too weighed about 2,700 with driver last year...I updated the cage so a few more lbs now...I launch between 5,800-6,000 rpm, stick car :) All Team Z adj control arms, adj uppers and ARB in the rear...I sixty around 1.38-1.39 on a good day...Keep in mind my front is stock! 4 cyl.coils,K frame etc up front with the exception of Stange adj.struts There is more to be had with the good stuff up front...Just need $$$

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have battery & cell too weighed about 2,700 with driver last year...I updated the cage so a few more lbs now...I launch between 5,800-6,000 rpm, stick car :) All Team Z adj control arms, adj uppers and ARB in the rear...I sixty around 1.38-1.39 on a good day...Keep in mind my front is stock! 4 cyl.coils,K frame etc up front with the exception of Stange adj.struts There is more to be had with the good stuff up front...Just need $$$
I run baseline upper & lowers with an ARB. I also have a UPR K member with drag struts and springs. On real good days I'll get 1.35- 1.36, I would like to get the launch rpm up that's why I was wondering about the spring difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Car 60's low 1.30's

n/a 408 Windsor SR Iron heads

stock 86 Fox v8 springs....1.5 coil cut.

Baseline uppers...Track locator 50/50 lakewoods... UPR lowers and ARB

Coil over front and 90/10's

1 - 18 of 18 Posts