Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys put fox body spindles on a newer Mustang? We have a 95 and know it bolts up but will it affect anything or even work? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I don't have an answer to your question, but why would you want to? You get a lot better brake options with the later model spindle?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys we had extra parts, so to save some $ we just wanted to see what advice we could get before changing it.

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
Yes they fit , in fact the brake kits for the fox body cars are much lighter than the SN95 stuff.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
and u can run run a ceramic bearing due to the older taper bearing design

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Just did Fox spindles on my 95. Did the strange brakes and car already had Fox k member with Fox a arms so they did bolt right in. It changed ride hight on my car some raising it up and the steering hadto be re aligned cause the steering arms are in different locations. Glad I did it though. I just needto go with some Fox struts now cause ive bottomed out these sn95 ones trying to get it low enough in the front.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Balljoints actually end up being the same if you're using aftermarket (Team Z, at least) A-Arms. All of their arms use a Fox style balljoint because it is more robust. I asked about getting an SN balljoint so I could use SN spindles and eliminate the need for the spacer and Dave said they're all Fox joints...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Question for you guys running the Fox spindles, which hubs and rotors are you using? I always thought that the SN spindles were superior.... maybe I should save some money and keep my fox spindles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts