Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a common question. Can someone please tell me what back space will be needed to run skinnies on the front of a fox body,with 13" cobra brakes. Want to run 15" wheel.

I would also like to find out what back space for the back also.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Call somebody like Holcomb Motorsports or the boys at BB&T in Southhaven Miss. don't have the numbers in front of me but they can answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I don't think you can. If you do you'll have to run LONG wheel studs and spacers to make it clear the caliper, then the front wheels stick out and look way stupid. So you're SOL on 1.75 or 2.25 backspacing on 15" draglites. You'll have to go to the 16" or 17" Draglites, can't remember which, but its one or the other.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
did the 93 Cobra's come with 13"? If so, the 1.75 backspace will work because that's what we had on my buddie's 93 Cobra.
nope.

the only wheels that will clear 13in brakes are bogarts or the new greg welds. The other all run a 1.25in spacer and you still have to grind the caliper on most cars.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help. Boy there is some real ass holes on here. I just asked a question and I get bs from some of you guys.

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
Thanks, I can't believe the people who talk shit about people on here.
That's what this site is for - phucking with people. oh yeah, and there are some really knowledgeable people as well.

For a standard Fox, you want 15x8/5.5 BS or 15x10/6.5BS on the rear.
BUT, Tire size, ride height, and how much you like swinging a big hammer will determine a lot though too. personally I don't know about fitting the 15" welds to a car with 13" brakes. Maybe the XP series has better clearance, but I don't know.

I'll 2nd turbopmcc with the call to BB&T. Great guys with great prices.
Their # is 662-280-7600
www.bbandtracing.com

Is it bad that I know that # without looking it up :D ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts