Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made the decision to give up my stock k frame, control arms and 4 cyl. coils...After I updated my cage to a 10 point, trans girdle,diaper and other safety stuff I added 90 lbs to my car... My last track outing was a horror show...Last year I would 60 ft in the 1.38-1.41 on every trip to the track! This time it spun with 60's in the 1.5-1.9 range :mad: Spinning 1st & 2nd gears wtf!! I know some may say poor track prep but for the most part others we're hooking fine. I'm thinking the 90 lbs was more towards the front of the car and maybe it's nose heavy now? Either way the conversion will help me without a doubt! It took an afternoon of work to remove it all, I'm replacing it with all Team Z stuff k frame, control arms with coil overs. Here are some pics with all the stuff gone!!!! My parts haven't arrived yet but I'll post some pics when I'm done...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a few more pics...I can't believe how much room I have under there now...Those Hooker Super Comps we're a real bear to get in lol...Still waiting for my coil over conversion/springs and drop down mounts to come in from Dave but I got alot done...I sand blasted & powder coated my spindles too.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I wish I could afford that whole setup. I still have stock k member and stuff as well,other than Strange struts.......I at least want coil overs but.....money unfortunately doesnt grow on trees...lol. Nice setup man.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well coil overs installed and it's off to my work for an alignment...Set the ride height on the rack with weight in the seat...just as it would be going down the 1/4 mile...The finished product >

That's all for now...Gonna sit til Aug 19th. Tasca Ford Day @ NE Dragway! Can't wait!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts