Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a set of Aerospace fron drag brakes.Didn't come with lines.I am gonna run -3 braided lines but need to know what size the hard line fitting is so I can track down some adapters to go right from the factory hard line to the -3 braided line.Thanks Chip

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
They are both 7/16x24 on a fox body. We have them in stock or we can make you the lines with the correct fittings already crimped on.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
$19.26 ea.......and it is the factory style mustange fitting....it will bolt right back in with the locating tabs.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya just don't want to wait to et them from Cal.If I strike out locally I will hit you guys up.Thanks. By the way what is the actual brake line size on the front of a Fox body? Thanks Chip

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Ya just don't want to wait to et them from Cal.If I strike out locally I will hit you guys up.Thanks. By the way what is the actual brake line size on the front of a Fox body? Thanks Chip
Brake lines are 3/16......We can ship usps flat rate....Its typically only 3 days to the east coast.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey I really appreciate the help.Found most of the stuff I need locally though. Next question.SO can I just cut the current ends off the hardline and put on 3/16 ends on reflare? Could only find 3/16 female inverted flare to -3 male adapter fittings locally.Planning on cutting off ends an doing what I said. Wanna have this all one by the weekend.Thanks Chip

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One more.How long lines should I use.Bought 17in. they seem too long.Can always take them back and get shorter.LMK Chip

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Hey I really appreciate the help.Found most of the stuff I need locally though. Next question.SO can I just cut the current ends off the hardline and put on 3/16 ends on reflare? Could only find 3/16 female inverted flare to -3 male adapter fittings locally.Planning on cutting off ends an doing what I said. Wanna have this all one by the weekend.Thanks Chip
Yes you can cut the flares off and reflare with the 3/16 tube nuts. BE CAREFUL though......these cars are anywhere from 17-31 years old. Tubing does what we call work harden. It gets very tough to reflare over time. You have to have a good tool and it has to be a double flare. And it still may not flare right. Make sure you are perfectly square and deburred. As far as the length of the hose, thats just about right on factory length.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks? I really appreciate the help.If I need any fittings or braidedin the future you will be getting my business.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts