Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have been a sand drag guy for about 20 yrs, but life is now at the point I need a street/strip type of car. I'm looking at some '90s fox body notchback's and am looking for some help.
Car #1 '90 notch LX, no motor/trans has manual rack, 3.73 8.8, set up for a carbed motor, very clean body, weld draglites.

Car #2 '93 notch LX, 4cyl/auto with '01 5 lug spindles and 8.8. non running car, but very clean also.

I'm leaning towards the '90 just because I can start adding parts without changing anything. The '93 is about $500 cheaper, but I'd still have to pull/dispose of the 4cyl and buy the manual rack and gears for the rear. Sorry for the newb like questions, but street cars are a new thing for me.
Thanks for opinions/advice in advance.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Sounds to me like the 90 is the way to go. You'll have more than 500 bucks in a rear, manual rack, and getting the four banger out of there.

·
Registered
177 Posts
best idea but lots of work involved, plus money will be sitting around in the form of a car until its all sold. he might not be able to do that. I'd just go with the 90 and start building from there. nothing about the 93 is beneficial unless it is in better mechanical and cosmetic condition.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Ya I forgot to add that in about the initial cash outlay. '90 sounds like the better platform to start with. Hell my car even had a 7.5" rear when I got it and it's a GT....LOL.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help guys, question on price, guy is asking $3500 for the '90. Seemed a bit high to me for a roller, but what do I know?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
On the 90, does it have a cage, manual brake conversion, or aftermarket axles and C-clip eliminators?
What does it have for springs/struts/shocks?

If not, 3500 is big bux for a car that will need all that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No cage, power brakes, aftermarket axles but not C clip elims. Its got Koni shocks/struts on it with aftermarket control arms and a manual rack. I need a street/strip car with a back seat and the interior seems really nice.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
it better be REALLY nice for that price with no cage.
I've seen some pretty good RUNNING cars for around 5-6k.
example: i'm selling a 356ci fuel injected coupe with ac and a new interior for 5500.
I would shop around a little more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts