Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post a photo of a four link car with a wishbone and an anti roll bar set up.Im thinking of doing away with the diagonal link in my car and going that direction.Its back halved chevelle.Stock A arm front .

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Justin!
I know the ARB will mount/ weld to the inner frame rails.
Can I weld the end link tabs to the top of the bracing on the rear?(Its a 9")
For some reason I thought the wishbone welded to the bottom of the rear.I think I'm having a brain fart ! Sorry !
Where does it weld to on the other end ? Rear X member?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
You can put a wishbone on top or bottom. Top is nice to get it out of the way of your floor jack or what ever. Makes it easier to change gears ETC also.

Corey

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok but the other end goes to the rear X member ?
Is this is a good move on my part ? Going in this direction ?
Getting rid of the diagonal ? I'm going from a 468 to a 588 .

·
7.86 @ 8800DA 3365lb 275s
4,502 Posts
i did one on the bottom of the firebird we have, it's a torque arm car and i didn't have room for it on top i welded tabs to the rear crossmember and on the bottom of the 9" housing. you have to be careful when jacking it up but it's not a huge deal unless you get the goof thats all ready to "help whenever you need" but that only means at the track and when they aren't in the stands watching. so they have to idea and jack it up with the wishbone...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
IMO if you are retro fitting a diagonal link to wish bone, you could go from the bottom of each ladder bar(brackets on the bolts) to one on the cross member (center). I have my top sportsman car like that and have never had any issues. Just get a wishbone that's beefy enough. Its still not great for jack clearance but its not bad.

Corey

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok , I think I know what you guys are talking about .The car is in the trailer and in storage as soon as my shop is finished and I get it down here I will take a look at it.Im hoping the end of next month.I just want to have all my ducks in a row before I pull the trigger .If it seems to intimidating for me I'm just gonna have a chassis shop do it.I was just wondering where the attachment points would be for the wishbone.The ARB I know .

·
Registered
13,298 Posts
Louie, with your skills you do not need a chassis shop to build a wishbone for your Chevelle. Come down to Fort Mill and check the unit I built under the Vette. Maybe you can improve upon my design, but it works perfectly.

Oh yeah, nice to meet you Saturday! I lost my voice laughing with you GTAMatt and Oldschool!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Here are a couple shots of mine. If you need any other angles, or close up shots let me know.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Louie, with your skills you do not need a chassis shop to build a wishbone for your Chevelle. Come down to Fort Mill and check the unit I built under the Vette. Maybe you can improve upon my design, but it works perfectly.

Oh yeah, nice to meet you Saturday! I lost my voice laughing with you GTAMatt and Oldschool!
Nice to meet you too Mark.I had a blast as well.
Thanks for the encouragement ! I will spin by one day.
There are plenty of bad ass fabricators here that will blow me away but ,Thank You !

·
Registered
708 Posts
Here is a couple shots of our display chassis that we take to the events with us in our Racer Support Trailer. Hope this helps also along with the other pictures from the other members.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys!
I think I have a plan now on the direction to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts