Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my garage yesterday trying to clean it up and found a snake when I moved a poly racing seat.
I'll admit it scared the shit out me at first!
From the little I saw it, I think it's a Black Rat Snake. Approximately 30-36". I have no idea where it went. Looked for a while yesterday and today, didn't find it.

Question is:
Do I let it hang out and let it kill mice,moles and....
Or
Try to trap and remove it?

I've seen snakes on my property before but never in the garage.

PS: it's a detached pole barn 150' from the house.

·
Registered
24,364 Posts
Kill it. I hate snakes. God thought so little of a snake he gave it's legs to a spider.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't kill it.
I don't have a rat problem.
Some areas call them Black Snakes and other say Rat Snake.
I have had issues with field mice though.
I was thinking of putting a heat lamp and creating a habitat/home for it.
I don't have a problem with snakes.

I know it sounds stupid,but I've made it this far in life doing stupid shit.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Take your pick. Kill it and the rats can run free and fuck up your shit. Leave it alone and deal with a snake thats more afraid of you than you are of it.

·
Registered
16,701 Posts
Can you play a flute and walk at the same time?

Credit to 1slowmopar.

·
Mother Hen
50,068 Posts
There was a big rat snake that lived in the rafters of my grandfather's hay barn when my mom was growing up. If they went in there to play, they always made sure to check where he was first.

If a snake of any kind gets inside a place I spend time, it's gonna have to get out or get dead, because I will kill myself trying to get away from it. I fell down a flight of stairs into a holly bush trying to get away from one that went across my bare feet on the top step.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did Google local snakes. I'm in the woods in South Jersey, Atco to be exact, near the track, on the edge of the Wharton State Forrest.
Only two poisonous snakes near me and it didn't look like either.

I did read that they lay their eggs in June and July. I didn't find any eggs in the seat? Lol

·
Professional Asshole
3,850 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me last week, I opened the garage door, walked behind my daughters car and there he sat. Needless to say i about shit my pants. I moved him out back

Saw him again 2 days later

1 - 20 of 77 Posts