Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a Bischoff Built 440 CI Gen III Hemi in my Dodge Charger. I currently have a direct port setup with an independent fuel cel for the nitrous system (I have used this on previous setups).

To make a long story short I hit the dyno for tuning. Made some NA passes and 2 nitrous passes.

The dyno seemed to not be calibarated properly based on results vs time slips. Motor made 515RWHP but runs 10.5s @ 129. We tried spraying a 300 shot on the dyno and only made another 120RWHP. We pulled it off the the dyno and I took it to the track.

I made a few nitrous passes pulling a plug from the drivers side. The timing looked to be spot on but fuel seemed rich so I kept leaning it out for another 3 passes til I decided something was not right with the car.

Long story short we pulled the whole nitrous system and sent it out to N20 outlet for a flow bench test. These are the pics they sent me

A Small piece from the gauge came out of the bottom, traveled up the line into the Y Block and into the passenger side nitrous feed. Long story short, one side was getting nitrous and fuel and the other was not.

That being said I have since corrected the issue but have yet to bring the car back out to the track. Based on the flow bench test results on a 31 jet I should be using a 22 fuel jet.

I guess my main question is timing related. I was pulling plugs on the "Good" side of the motor getting both fuel and nitrous. Should I assume the timing reading on that side of the motor should be safe to run on or should I be retarding the timing more ?

NA the motor likes 26 degrees and I was running 18 degrees on spray.

Motor is a 14:1 440 on C16

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Id pull more, 4-5 you were gettin less nitrous you can always put some back if needed or you can put in new pistons lol

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have had that very thing happen to me before. I found mine in the filter fitting at the solenoid. I put it back in the gauge and loctited the bastard.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The part that has me scratching my head. Based on the flow bench a 31 pill nets nets me 288HP and matches me up to a 22 fuel pill with a starting point of 9PSI.....

When I was running this car, dialing in and pulling plugs from the side of the motor getting fuel and nitrous, she was running on a 18 fuel pill at about 6PSI.....

They did replace both nitrous solenoids because I was told they did show signed of wear, but was told they should not of played too much of a roll in losing performance, yet....

Per N20 Outlets results, I will throw in the fuel jets they recommended me starting on, but with that much more fuel I will flow with the same size nitrous jets, not sure on the relationship timing will have with the extra fuel.

Based on the rule of thumb I should be retarding back 12 degrees off NA timing ..... My tuner thinks I should keep the timing where its at with 18 degrees vs 14 degrees

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me on my s10 I used to run 6.0 with but it had a plate system. Mine stopped in the end of the main line but the hole was big enough that it still would let it purge and intial hit but then wouldnt run. Took me a whole day of tearing everything apart to find it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I got to run the car for the first time last night but only got to make 2 nitrous passes...... for safety I went from a 18 to a 22 fuel jet and ran 9PSI also retarded the timing back to 16 degrees from 18

First pass was rich based on plug and AF gauge buried. I took out two Lbs of fuel and here are the pics of the plugs.

Still rich and under timed. I still picked up .15 seconds just from the small drop in fuel.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts