Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys, so I have an LQ4 setup in progress that's going into my RX-7. It consists of a Turbonetics TC76 (.96 a/r, F1 housing), 48mm Turbosmart Pro Gate, 50mm Turbosmart Raceport BOV, etc. The car is a street car and will have all necessary supporting mods. I was originally planning on a partially forged shortblock with forged pistons and rods. Now I'm debating on whether or not it's worth the extra $3,000 for the extra 100RWHP. I was shooting for 700RWHP but now it seems a lot easier/cheaper to just go for 600RWHP. Any thoughts on this? I live up in MN so the car isn't driven that much... just to and from work and around on the weekends... if it breaks it's not the end of the world although I don't want it breaking all the time. I have a good tuner who will be using HP tuners. We'll be using 91 octane pump gas (that's what's available here).

Either way the car is getting a medium sized cam, pushrods, springs, ARP rod/head bolts and MLS head gaskets.

Pic of said car:

Pic of said engine:

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Pull it down, dress up the hone job if need be, open the top ring gap to .026, put it together and shoot for 700 rwhp. Hope you are gonna trt for that number on better gas than 91 though.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We've got E but I don't want to worry about where I'm going to fill up all of the time. I want to be able to drive this thing pretty much anywhere thus the use of 91 octane.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
If the tune is right you should be able to run 12psi or so on 91. I would for sure hit it with meth injection. Then when stepping on it hard mix in some good fuel. If everything is right the factory 6.0L bottom end will usually take all of a tc76 and then some. The 2004 up is a lot stronger engine.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Making e85 happen will save you a lot of money on the block. OEM internals will run like a champ with e85 and a good tune.

We calculated 640whp on a lq9 with 12 psi of boost. Only thing changed was the cam and headstuds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts