Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to see the band tonight in concert (smaller venue; 2000 people) for the first time. They were damn good, especially since they're now effectively just a cover band. Mick Jones, the one remaining original member, was a no-show (and usually is anymore) due to health issues.

Nonetheless, the power and the flavor of the original group is still there; they have some top-shelf musicians and lead man Kelly Hanson was a whirlwind of energy, interacted well with the audience and the guy can damn sure sing, too, as good as Lou Gramm in my opinion.

Long live the retro rock bands, sooooooo much better than this latest crop of lip-synced shit they call 'music'.

·
Banned
30,231 Posts
Got a chance to see the band tonight in concert (smaller venue; 2000 people) for the first time. They were damn good, especially since they're now effectively just a cover band. Mick Jones, the one remaining original member, was a no-show (and usually is anymore) due to health issues.

Nonetheless, the power and the flavor of the original group is still there; they have some top-shelf musicians and lead man Kelly Hanson was a whirlwind of energy, interacted well with the audience and the guy can damn sure sing, too, as good as Lou Gramm in my opinion.

Long live the retro rock bands, sooooooo much better than this latest crop of lip-synced shit they call 'music'.
Kindred(?) posted up about Loverboy the other day, Foreigner were big at a similar time and did many cycles in the tape player :cool:

·
Former RJ instigator
44,103 Posts
My wife and I seen them last year, they were great, and yes Kelly Hanson nailed all the songs.

If you get the chance to see Journey by all means go, Arnel Pineda does a really good job of covering Steve Perry.

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
If you get the chance to see Journey by all means go, Arnel Pineda does a really good job of covering Steve Perry.
I tend to be super-critical of people trying to fill shoes, especially big shoes like Perry's, but Pineda is pretty amazing.

·
Moderater
15,094 Posts
Agreed ..I saw Foreigner at a outdoor venue last summer . They rocked!!! That band had so many hit songs. Also saw Journey last summer and was disappointed because the local radio station said Steve Perry was going to be reuniting with the band. Tickets went crazy. Then it was a big let down. Still enjoyed the show though.

·
Premium Member
49,668 Posts
I was with Lou Gramm a few days ago.

·
Moderater
15,094 Posts
Going to see Alice Cooper, Deep Purple and The Edgar Winter band this summer...:D at one venue..haven't seen Alice in 30 years.

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Agreed ..I saw Foreigner at a outdoor venue last summer . They rocked!!! That band had so many hit songs. Also saw Journey last summer and was disappointed because the local radio station said Steve Perry was going to be reuniting with the band. Tickets went crazy. Then it was a big let down. Still enjoyed the show though.

and still not in Rock & Roll HOF!

·
Registered
6,017 Posts

Foreigner is still one of my favorites. Saw them in early '80s, Foreigner 4 tour.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Foreigner 4 - one of the best albums of all time! Kelly Hanson does do a nice job. The only song I was a little disappointed in was Fool For You Anyway - just seemed slightly off in emotion or something.

Lou Gramm put out a religious album a few years ago and I must say it was surprisingly good. It was VERY MUCH Lou Gramm, but with an honest and heartfelt appreciation for God.

·
Trolling the Trolls
17,552 Posts
F 4, Journey Escape, Queensryche Empire, Great White Twice Shy, and Once Bitten (see username)

Sorry, I can't do the lone guy like Jack Russel of GW trying to bring the magic back.

Arnel, that little guy, just doesn't have the pipes of Steve Perry IMHO.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Was supposed to go to Rocklahoma this year but the grandkid is graduating that day. Hoping to see the Steve Miller Band and Peter Frampton at Red Rocks Amphitheater in July. We saw Sammy Hagar there last year, he was awesome.

I saw Foreigner back in the day. They were great.

·
Moderater
15,094 Posts
F 4, Journey Escape, Queensryche Empire, Great White Twice Shy, and Once Bitten (see username)

Sorry, I can't do the lone guy like Jack Russel of GW trying to bring the magic back.

Arnel, that little guy, just doesn't have the pipes of Steve Perry IMHO.

No he doesn't. I saw them last summer and about halfway through the show he was spent to the point where he was stumbling from exhaustion. His voice suffered from it.

One guy that does do a good job of measuring up to the original is Decarlo from Boston. I think Brad Delp was the best rock singer to ever live and Decarlo does a great job covering the songs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.