Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
To be correct it has to be a Ford enthusiast to go along with the one guy underdog gay boy with a mustang and his crew that makes it big demographics. Man buns and all!:rolleyes::)
Whoa. you must've been spanked hard by some fomoco equip over the years.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Whoa. you must've been spanked hard by some fomoco equip over the years.

Relax there, I've owned Furds and the great Cleveland too. Will say that the only thing with a Furd in it I want is a Pantera around the early 70's vintage. Anything else from Furd for me is a "no thanks".

·
Registered
11,448 Posts
Ford vs. Dodge (fiat), wait for end, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJZ-BHBKyos
The back story on filming that was great. They had to mod the Mustang for better performance, and ended up telling Hickman to slow down because he was pulling away and the cameraman couldn’t maintain the scene.

Ford was outgunned in that matchup, even with McQueen at the wheel of the Mustang, though Hickman was a damn good driver himself.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
93,033 Posts
I guess 50 extra cubes had nothing to do with that .If the Mustang had a 428 It would have been the other way around .

·
Aviation Section
23,272 Posts
I guess 50 extra cubes had nothing to do with that .If the Mustang had a 428 It would have been the other way around .
X2! That is only common sense, but common sense is not to common!

Dave

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
I want to see it. One question, does it contain enough racing to offset the drama you know will be there?
I think it does, there’s lots of racing, lots of testing, no sex/nudity and not bad for language, no lovebird stuff, and I laughed a few times as well. It seemed very, very believable all the stupid shit Ford did, and it kinda made me hate that Ferrari lost to them to be perfectly honest.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Seen the movie last night, really liked it, but sad to see how they screwed Ken. No different then today with BS politics, and not caring about the people who put you were you are today.
In the book Go like Hell. Which the movie is based they ask shelby if he had any regrets in life. His only regret he said was complying with Ford and asking Ken to drop back his position and thus forfeited 1st place. He was killed in a race not long after that. Not sure if movie depicts ken had to pit because the guy who helped him into car closed the door early catch his helmet and bending door. When he hit 200mph the door was trying to fly off. They had to pit for 15min to straighten door. After fixed i think Ken made it back to 1st before 1/2 way. Very talented driver. Shelby said Ken normally wouldn't listen to them on radio. He did his own thing, he still not sure why Ken listened to him to drop back to allow the 123 win.

·
Long Live The King
95,695 Posts
They basically used 427 nascar engines and kept the rpm down to last 24 hours in the original cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxP__UPj7L8
Great video.

I read somewhere many years back that after the race, one of the engines was put on the dyno. It was making a little bit more power than it did before the race.

Probably going to go see the movie tomorrow.

41 - 60 of 267 Posts