Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
17,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen it today. It’s more about the personal battle of Shelby with Corporate Ford than about the car or the race.

It was entertaining but don’t expect the need for speed type movie.
I was expecting cam specs, heads, and unhinged hp.

Anyway thumbs up, see it if you don’t mind theaters. It can wait for home for those that wait for home entertainment.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Just got back from it as well, good movie with great acting and some cool car content, but yes a ton of it was politics and stupid Ford corporate bs. Really made me wonder if Ford should get the credit for the car, since if the movie is correct, they basically paid Shelby to design, engineer, build, test, and race it-their name was on it I guess, so there’s that :finga:

Some stupid shit in there though, if anyone else goes, take note when they remove the wheel for the brake change at the last pit stop-I’m sure the tire they took off was branded “Cooper Cobra”, lmao.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Ford wrote the checks, and gave them engines.

I'm sure the bowtie butt pirates will be along shortly to pick it all apart though. LOL...if they can let go of each other's dicks long enough, that is..

·
Registered
497 Posts
overall, it was made pretty well and pretty accurate...for Hollywood. They started by showing the Mark I and progressed to the Mark IV at the end which was decently impressive.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The GT40 started as an Eric Broadley Lola designed car. Ford took it from there and then Shelby American and Holman Moody did the development on the car using the Ford supplied engines.

I saw the movie Thursday night, it was definitely entertaining. Some hokey Hollywood BS for sure though, like drivers going side by side at high speed while staring at each other for seconds at a time.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
this thread couldn't go 3 posts with out a Fud turd making a comment....I plan on going to night or this afternoon.......No spoilers Please, I'm hoping Ford wins .....(LOL)

·
Registered
674 Posts
I thought last night was opening night so the wife left work early, but there was one showing on Thursday night. I haven't been to the movies on an opening night ever, but wanted to be for this one. I wanted to be there an hour early to get good seats but there might have been 20 people total in the theater. I was shocked. I thought every car guy within a thousand miles would have been lined up.

The wife, our 8 year old son and I saw it and we all loved it. It wasn't quite what I expected, but still a good movie. Ford came out looking like a bunch of douchebags, but that's usually how the corporate world goes, not just one brand.

I normally don't like going to the movies, but would definitely go again if either of my 2 older sons want to go see it.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
I have a problem with Damon playing Shelby. Carroll was a big handsome man. A James Garner type. I think the film will be a easier sell for those who did not live through that period and remember Shelby from then.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
I thought last night was opening night so the wife left work early, but there was one showing on Thursday night. I haven't been to the movies on an opening night ever, but wanted to be for this one. I wanted to be there an hour early to get good seats but there might have been 20 people total in the theater. I was shocked. I thought every car guy within a thousand miles would have been lined up.

The wife, our 8 year old son and I saw it and we all loved it. It wasn't quite what I expected, but still a good movie. Ford came out looking like a bunch of douchebags, but that's usually how the corporate world goes, not just one brand.

I normally don't like going to the movies, but would definitely go again if either of my 2 older sons want to go see it.
Same thing, got there early even though we reserved luxury seats, wanted to beat the concession line...there was 1 couple ahead of us, that’s it! Theatre was maybe 1/4 full and it was a small theatre.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Same thing, got there early even though we reserved luxury seats, wanted to beat the concession line...there was 1 couple ahead of us, that’s it! Theatre was maybe 1/4 full and it was a small theatre.
Crazy. There's not a lot of movies for car guys/gals/kids, so I thought this one would pack it full. Maybe they just didn't promote it properly? Who knows.

The problem is, if it loses money they won't be rushing to make car movies again. The only thing that makes money is the phony Fast and Furious franchise, pulling wheelies on dirt with slicks and jumping out of airplanes crap.

1 - 20 of 267 Posts