Yellow Bullet Forums banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
SMOKED IT
3,811 Posts
97 Dodge 1500, 2004 Dodge 1500 Hemi, 2011 Dodge 3500 Diesel, zero issues. Other the age related, no engine, transmission or electrical problems.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I haven't personally compared the pricing of the big three, but I have friends in all camps. Truck prices are completely nuts. Used truck prices are stupid too. It's nothing to see a 4 to 5 year old nicely optioned truck with 100k miles on it, with an asking price north of 35k. Ridiculous
With all the car/truck production lines being shut down over Wuhan Flu it seems like Supply has got to be way way down after months and months
May 20, 2020 - Ford Motor Co on Wednesday closed two U.S. assembly plants as the ... F150 pick-up truck at Ford's Dearborn Truck Plant during the 100-year celebration of ... COVID-19 test by one worker, while its Chicago assembly plant was closed ... many plants on Monday after a long shutdown due to the outbreak

·
Registered
18,811 Posts
I just heard that my dad bought a 2020 F150. The transmission has now failed for the second time. 600 miles on it. 600.

This is why I stopped buying new Fords.
Haven't had any transmission problems with any F-150's i've owned 4,6 and 10 speed automatics?:confused:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
What kinda idiot orders any truck without cruise control?
I bought it used and at the time I didn't worry about it. After having it over a year now I sure wish I had it. I guess the original owner bought it without really needing it. The sales guy said it took them 2 days to detail it because it was covered with mold. It didn't even have a hitch on it.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
What kinda idiot orders any truck without cruise control?
I've got an 07 Ram 2500 4x4 with the 5.9 Cummins. Regular cab long bed. Just hit 90K miles. No options but air conditioning. I mean no cruise, no power windows or locks nothing. If it wasn't rusting to death it would be the perfect truck. Everybody keeps telling me to hang on to it because it's the last pre-DPF Cummins and it'll be worth money. I've fixed some of the rust but I don't know if I can keep up with the pace of the rot. Lol

My good friend bought a very similar truck as yours new.
He researched and found that the cruise control was a
simple "plug & play".

He ordered a cruise control steering wheel button, plugged
it in & had cruise control! Seems the software is in the truck,
just needed the factory control button to activate it.

I believe it was a 2006 or 2007 Ram base diesel. Check it out?

Reactions: carnutbill67

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
My good friend bought a very similar truck as yours new.
He researched and found that the cruise control was a
simple "plug & play".

He ordered a cruise control steering wheel button, plugged
it in & had cruise control! Seems the software is in the truck,
just needed the factory control button to activate it.

I believe it was a 2006 or 2007 Ram base diesel. Check it out?
Hells yes. I will be checking that out today!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
40,000+ for a loaded Tacoma and that isn't even a v8 truck. Dealer wouldn't even come down on it either. Supposedly had others lined up to buy it.

·
Aviation Section
24,868 Posts
I'll never buy a new truck again. I paid 1k for my 08 Nissan Titan after trading my 05 F250 little over 2 years ago. Only thing I've had to put into it other than 4 new tires was a new thermostat housing. Its a gas hog, and just a plain jane truck but it does everything I need it to do.
I'm just not into having brand new vehicles.
After my wife totaled her 12 Edge Sport, I bought an 06 Nissan Murano for $2000. Have driven it 3 years with little issues.
I have had 5 new Hemi Rams, the last was a 2006 R/T and the cam shit the bed at 12,500 miles and I did the last two oil changes with Mobil 1 and Wix filters. No more, I have
had a 1986 Ford F-250 460 Camper Special/Trailer Special the whole time and will just use this until I cannot drive anymore! This thing is super heavy duty and is better built
then any new truck and is actually pretty trick and not a cookie-cutter like the new trucks. You used to be able to buy those on Ebay like I did years ago for $3500, now with the
new truck prices so high you cannot touch one for less then $10K for a nice one. Dave

Reactions: BLUEOVALRACER

·
Aviation Section
24,868 Posts
Hells yes. I will be checking that out today!
My last Dodge R/T did not even have a trailer hitch, none of the R/T trucks did, I installed the factory hitch and the trailer brake controller myself
and had to take it back to the Stealer to have the computer recognize it, $110 dollars later I had the only R/T in the Country with a trailer brake controller
that looked factory and was integrated in the dash. Dave

·
Registered
440 Posts
Haven't had any transmission problems with any F-150's i've owned 4,6 and 10 speed automatics?:confused:

Update:

Lost gears 1-4, reverse, a couple days ago. In the shop for a third time, still under 1k miles.

Apparently they said they'll fix it one more time and if that fails too, I guess the already offered to replace the whole truck. Shockingly. This time they're installing an entire brand new trans and cooling system. First time they "fixed" the original trans, I believe they said some bearings failed. Second time, "just a dirty sensor" (uh huh). This time is a hard part failure.

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Update:

Lost gears 1-4, reverse, a couple days ago. In the shop for a third time, still under 1k miles.

Apparently they said they'll fix it one more time and if that fails too, I guess the already offered to replace the whole truck. Shockingly. This time they're installing an entire brand new trans and cooling system. First time they "fixed" the original trans, I believe they said some bearings failed. Second time, "just a dirty sensor" (uh huh). This time is a hard part failure.
Good news for you.

·
Former RJ instigator
40,617 Posts
278,000 on my 2006 5.3 Silverado, other than a little lifter noise at idle, zero mechanical issues since new, unlike a Ford, it doesn't even use or leak any oil, imagine that.

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
6,398 Posts
Update:

This is because of the quality of “help” in shops these days. Granted, the truck has an issue, fix the issue and all will be well. But when ya have goobers workin on it, they’ll turn your vehicle into a career if ya let them. Give them all the resources in the world ( speaking of dealerships ) and they still manage to fuck it up. It’s sad really.

·
Registered
440 Posts
This is because of the quality of “help” in shops these days. Granted, the truck has an issue, fix the issue and all will be well. But when ya have goobers workin on it, they’ll turn your vehicle into a career if ya let them. Give them all the resources in the world ( speaking of dealerships ) and they still manage to fuck it up. It’s sad really.

Right, this isn't necessarily a Ford proper problem. This is more a dealership problem. I've used 6 different Ford dealers and In my experiences, they're incapable of fixing things properly (and they'll blame you for the problem or treat you like shit, if they even admit there is a problem) . I'm sure this is fixable, and they should've replaced the trans the first time instead of rebuilding it at the dealer. That probably would have been the end of it. I still like Ford, but I refuse to interact with their dealers anymore. Every single time, they make it a hassle.

·
Senior Frog
10,300 Posts
Im glad mines paid for,the prices are pretty steep at Ford
in about a year or so the F150 will have substantial competition by
the EV market . Lordstown,Nikola,Tesla will all take a huge bite out of the
gasser half ton market and if Ford does not have an EV priced right they
could go bankrupt

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Wrong. I have two friends with RAM Hemi's as old or older than my 2012 F150, and they have been more reliable by far.

Ford is going downhill I am afraid, and this is said after 50 years buying them......
Holy shit - two fuckin' Dodge trucks that are more reliable than one Ford.
Stop the presses, this is HUGE!!!

They've all gone downhill, pandering to the rich college boys that like burnin' coal and jacking a pickup up so that it takes a ladder to get into one.

Plastic junk shit, all of 'em.

Reactions: BLUEOVALRACER
101 - 119 of 119 Posts