Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The price of new trucks, especially fords has gone full fucking retard. In a dealership the other day they had a quote they drew up on my buddys desk for a top of the line optioned f-150. It was 83k! I'm a ford guy, but with prices like that they need some market adjustment!

·
Registered
55,139 Posts
I replaced my 2012 F150 last week.

Now driving a RAM Hemi Laramie. Ford offered me about $5500 off sticker. Dodge gave me $9500. Sticker on Laramie was about $58000.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
A few years back, I paid hard-earned cash that I saved for a new ecoboost F-150 XLT, fucking biggest POS I've driven in 40 years of driving. I sold it before it had 20k on it because it literally spent more time in the shop for warranty work than on the road. I bought a new Dodge Ram in December 2019, best truck I've ever had. If Dodge keeps up the momentum on quality and design, they will put Ford out of business. The new Dodge is better optioned, better priced, better looking, tows better, drives better. There is nothing the Ford does better.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I got rid of my 11 FX4 supercrew 5.0 as I purchased a really low mile 96 supercab 5.8 4x4 and i am very pleased with it. I would put it up against any new truck out there, but had To do performance upgrades, it will out tow an ecoboost and I know that the ram cannot. Glad you like your ram but I have not seen many that make it for the long haul. Most rust out quickly (what’s new Dodge) or have trans problems, again what’s new. The biggest problem like most newer trucks is the huge amount of electronics that require a dealer tech to diagnose, if you are one who keeps trading in every few years then I can see why you do it, if you want one to keep, well I would keep looking. Jmpo....

·
Registered
607 Posts
I haven't personally compared the pricing of the big three, but I have friends in all camps. Truck prices are completely nuts. Used truck prices are stupid too. It's nothing to see a 4 to 5 year old nicely optioned truck with 100k miles on it, with an asking price north of 35k. Ridiculous

·
I.Y.H.R.F.24.7.365
10,773 Posts
but but but, they are offering 0.0% for 72..

dealerships sales people are nuts,
Truck prices are nuts.
Ford only had trucks they move any volume of, you'd think they want to push as many as they could out the door, with better pricing.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts

Truck prices are nuts.
Ford only had trucks they move any volume of, you'd think they want to push as many as they could out the door, with better pricing.
Shut up, stupid. No one reads your stupid crap.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I replaced my 2012 F150 last week.

Now driving a RAM Hemi Laramie. Ford offered me about $5500 off sticker. Dodge gave me $9500. Sticker on Laramie was about $58000.
You're about to spend a few years learning why that Dodge was cheaper than Ford...
The best buy is rarely the cheapest.

·
Registered
55,139 Posts
You're about to spend a few years learning why that Dodge was cheaper than Ford...
The best buy is rarely the cheapest.
Wrong. I have two friends with RAM Hemi's as old or older than my 2012 F150, and they have been more reliable by far.

Ford is going downhill I am afraid, and this is said after 50 years buying them......

·
Registered
55,139 Posts
A few years back, I paid hard-earned cash that I saved for a new ecoboost F-150 XLT, fucking biggest POS I've driven in 40 years of driving. I sold it before it had 20k on it because it literally spent more time in the shop for warranty work than on the road. I bought a new Dodge Ram in December 2019, best truck I've ever had. If Dodge keeps up the momentum on quality and design, they will put Ford out of business. The new Dodge is better optioned, better priced, better looking, tows better, drives better. There is nothing the Ford does better.
My F150 got a recall notices frequently. I will say the ecoboost was a very nice towing engine. Horrible on gas, but very capable towing.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I got rid of my 11 FX4 supercrew 5.0 as I purchased a really low mile 96 supercab 5.8 4x4 and i am very pleased with it. I would put it up against any new truck out there, but had To do performance upgrades, it will out tow an ecoboost and I know that the ram cannot. Glad you like your ram but I have not seen many that make it for the long haul. Most rust out quickly (what’s new Dodge) or have trans problems, again what’s new. The biggest problem like most newer trucks is the huge amount of electronics that require a dealer tech to diagnose, if you are one who keeps trading in every few years then I can see why you do it, if you want one to keep, well I would keep looking. Jmpo....
those 90s fords are some nice trucks that get the job done. Too bad they are flat out old now. Finding one that was super cared for is a gem to be treasured.

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,337 Posts
I predicted years ago there would come a tipping point where new vehicle pricing would knock out a bunch of potential buyers.

People's annual income does not rise at the same percentage every year that new vehicles prices do. Eventually you run out of enough new vehicle buyers.

A whole bunch of the pricing on new pickups ( mostly upscale trim models) is pure profit, that's why buying 3-5 year old trucks are a better buy

·
Registered
20,012 Posts
I had a 2002 Ram, drove it for 6 years. Never had a problem with it till it hit 90,000 miles then it started falling apart. Same with my wife's Pacifica. Hit 85,000 and started falling apart. Got rid of them both. Enjoyed them up to that point though.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I predicted years ago there would come a tipping point where new vehicle pricing would knock out a bunch of potential buyers.

People's annual income does not rise at the same percentage every year that new vehicles prices do. Eventually you run out of enough new vehicle buyers.
I can only imagine how big of a monthly payment some of these new truck owners have, some getting into mortgage payment territory.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
The price of new vehicles has went far past the point of being worth the value, not to mention most cost more then some houses. the rate at witch inflation has climbed has far out paced incomes and pay raise amounts for far too long, the bottom will drop out and companies that have enjoyed record profits for the last 10-15yrs are gonna get hit the hardest by it.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts

Truck prices are nuts.
[/QUOT
Have you ever bought a new vehicle. Do you even own a vehicle that was made in the 2000's .

1 - 20 of 119 Posts