Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '94 F-150 5.8 and this thing has one bad hesitation and not much power. Had it on the scanner last fall and codes were tps sensor and the map sensor. Replaced both of them plus the cap,rotor,fuel filter had the cat removed (was plugged) nothing has changed! Could this be a coil problem or something else! Burns gas like a mfr now, so I'm thinking it's still some sensor? Any Ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replaced one o2, maybe it's the other? Two tanks but only use the rear cuz the front leaks like a siv. Just turned 92k

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The engine IS healthy...............just not right now! Compression was good in the fall and this is only the second time i've driven it since then! I'm the only person who drives it otherwise I would do it again!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Replaced one o2, maybe it's the other? Two tanks but only use the rear cuz the front leaks like a siv. Just turned 92k

O2's are usually just about done/used up by 80/90k, so I'd replace it, also since your just using 1 fuel tank, it could be a fuel pump going south...if the other tank was working, you could have tried "switching" tanks when this happens to sea if it iz a pump problem.....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, is there two fuel pumps, one for each tank? I can try it, the leak is not terribly bad to put a few gallons in it. I just thought there was 1 pump for both tanks.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
So, I am assuming there the same type of pumps too? So if the one was taking a shit it can be replaced by the other? That one should be good, haven't used that tank in almost 3 years!

while the actual fuel pumps are the same the fuel pump housings and fuel level senders are different between tanks, so you won't be able to swap the fuel tank asblys from one tank to the other

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Someone told me to remove the vacuum hose off and see if it's pushing fuel out after it was started. Did that and seems ok, it's something goofy I have a feeling!:smt017

1 - 20 of 35 Posts