Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my way home from work today my truck like shuck a little and then engine fail safe came on and my abs light came on....i stop at the dmv to do some stuff come back and everything off i though fuck yea just a little hickup...i was wrong about 1000 feet later i go to stop for the red light and my abs starts going nuts and i almost go threw the light, them my abs light comes on again... after the light turns green i go and then engine fail safe is back......i scanned it and all i get is P2106 and its for the throttle control thingy.....that explains the engine fail safe but wtf was that abs shit.....do they go hand in hand or if the big man upstairs just fucken with me today?

i do have a warranty but its got 100 dollar deducible and i wanna make sure its not a cheap fix..

truck is a 2004 F150 4x4 5.4 3 valve 82k on her

:smt100

·
Creepy Ass ******
5,800 Posts
P2106 is an information only DTC. Basicly, the PCM saw a problem with another component, your ABS system, and went into forced limit mode. Get a scanner that can read ABS dtc's and you'll find the problem.

·
Registered
761 Posts
P2106 is an information only DTC. Basicly, the PCM saw a problem with another component, your ABS system, and went into forced limit mode. Get a scanner that can read ABS dtc's and you'll find the problem.
X2 that's exactly right but probably going to be a wheel speed sensor if it's in the hub and they replace the whole thing way worth the 100 bucks if they pull it in and clean the medal off the sensor (wheel bearing starting to fail) they fucked you ask the service manager what they do in those cases iv seen dealers do that shit before

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
X2 that's exactly right but probably going to be a wheel speed sensor if it's in the hub and they replace the whole thing way worth the 100 bucks if they pull it in and clean the medal off the sensor (wheel bearing starting to fail) they fucked you ask the service manager what they do in those cases iv seen dealers do that shit before

if this is the case im changen dealers.....i had my truck in there a few months ago because it sounds like the wheel bearning was goin they said they checked it and said it was fine and it was just my knobby tires and took my money

what do i need to do to check that? take the wheel off?

·
all motor
4,463 Posts
could a bad reluctor wheel/sensor cause this? I dont know but i would check each and see what you find.

if the fronts are sending a signal and the rears are sending something else I would guess this might happen but what do i know. lol

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
If its an extended warranty they probably won't cover it. I deal with them all the time and the hub bearing is a maintenance item. Jack it up and check for looseness if there's movement, its bad. Not that hard to change. I've seen more of them knocked out due to over sized tires then you could imagine. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jack it up by the control arm and grab the tire from the top and bottom and give it a firm push/pull. There should be NO loose play at all.

it was all tight but i did find that one of my half shaft boots is ripped and theres grease all over.....but i dont even see the little teeth for the wheel sensor so id have to take it all apart just to see if theres shit on them

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If its an extended warranty they probably won't cover it. I deal with them all the time and the hub bearing is a maintenance item. Jack it up and check for looseness if there's movement, its bad. Not that hard to change. I've seen more of them knocked out due to over sized tires then you could imagine. Good luck!
i got Ford esp prem care....its covered

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well ever since i reset the code it hasnt came back or done it....and i was flooring it and slaming on the brakes soo idk.....we will see if it does it tomorrow

thanks for the tips guys

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.