Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am reading about a Ford SC2 cylinder head...what is different between the two, and who supplies the casting for the SC2?
Thanks.

Registered
Duh......CID
Have your own porter 馃憠Buy castings. Peoples who already did a set with cnc programing: MBE? BES? RFD? Price the cores 馃槱 Rough figure I would think = $3500 each with CNC. As of now only the listed ones I know of has them also Lsx compatible 馃ぃ

Registered
If your a Vendor, Key porter in Name, or SAM getting a a rough set isn't hard.

My question with Real Easy Google searches is?
How much U want and How Big?

We just Referenced the Hemi head what's next 馃か

This isn't 2021 YB ford head PRI 馃槀馃ぃ馃槱

Higgins or CHI 3v pro = Done cheaper 馃樁

Registered
Classic NA section response.

Good conversation with a response geared towards the inquisition of the head.

They all make 850 at 7500 .馃槀
They all have bad valve train geometry @ 9500 . 鈽

Registered
I am reading about a Ford SC2 cylinder head...what is different between the two, and who supplies the casting for the SC2?
Thanks.
The SC2 is built from the Edelbrock Glidden SC1 casting. The original Yates SCI was sold by Ford Racing. It is a raised port C-3. The Ford Yates heads do not have side cant on the valves. The Edelbrock has some cant. Some shops are experimenting with more cant and a 2.300 intake valve. The SC2 is a version of the Edelbrock Glidden SC1.

Registered
Hmmmmmmm 馃 Cost

BES / Ford SC-1 鈥 BES Racing Engines

Good ole Fashion bookmarker 馃摉 still works 馃槀馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
The SC2 is built from the Edelbrock Glidden SC1 casting. The original Yates SCI was sold by Ford Racing. It is a raised port C-3. The Ford Yates heads do not have side cant on the valves. The Edelbrock has some cant. Some shops are experimenting with more cant and a 2.300 intake valve. The SC2 is a version of the Edelbrock Glidden SC1.
Yes, it looks like the SC 2 is a big valve version of the SC 1. They are getting some impressive numbers out of them. The SC 1 is a bad head as it is, but the newer SC 2 appears to one-up it more than a little.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a good thread on the SC 1

Registered
Here is a good thread on the SC 1

Everybody loves Blow bench numbers and Google theory for sure. The ET slip will tell you if it works.

Super Moderator
SC2 is the new CID head. More of a play on words. Probably a much better cylinder head over all to start with. When we get into an SC1 there's a lot of welding and moving things around for the valve angles and positions we want. The CID head has much more flexibility in it. I haven't used a set yet but look forward to it.

SC1 is too damn weird. It's like 'almost' a great head. But someone decided on a 7 degree valve angle with no side cant, and ports that are way too tall...... They can make great power and i've had really good results with the Eddy SC1.... but if you're starting from scratch like Edelbrock did, you should end up with what John did at CID.........

So if whoever designed that SC1 head see's this post, what were you thinking? LOL

Registered
That you Chris....I knew I was on point 馃ぃ

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
SC2 is the new CID head. More of a play on words. Probably a much better cylinder head over all to start with. When we get into an SC1 there's a lot of welding and moving things around for the valve angles and positions we want. The CID head has much more flexibility in it. I haven't used a set yet but look forward to it.

SC1 is too damn weird. It's like 'almost' a great head. But someone decided on a 7 degree valve angle with no side cant, and ports that are way too tall...... They can make great power and i've had really good results with the Eddy SC1.... but if you're starting from scratch like Edelbrock did, you should end up with what John did at CID.........

So if whoever designed that SC1 head see's this post, what were you thinking? LOL
Thanks for the clarification.
When I posted about the SC1's, I was referring to the Edelbrock head. I didnt think the ford version was even sold anymore.
But I understand the confusion, as I posted the thread title as "Ford SC1".
Lots of folks making big power with the eddy SC1.

Super Moderator
Too often a cylinder head guy lives in his own world and doesn't consider the whole package. You don't need more than 1.5" of port height in anything to make really good power....... in my opinion.

Registered
Thanks for the clarification.
When I posted about the SC1's, I was referring to the Edelbrock head. I didnt think the ford version was even sold anymore.
But I understand the confusion, as I posted the thread title as "Ford SC1".
Lots of folks making big power with the eddy SC1.
The Ford SC1 became the Ford Cup D3. A very good head as well. NASCAR would not approve the SC1 to compete against the Chevy SB2. NASCAR approved the D3 which has a canted intake valve, and SC1 non cant exhaust valve. It is my understanding that the SB2 has the same valve angles as the Ford D3. NASCAR mandates. Look for some D3's. You might be surprised how well they perform.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
The Ford SC1 became the Ford Cup D3. A very good head as well. NASCAR would not approve the SC1 to compete against the Chevy SB2. NASCAR approved the D3 which has a canted intake valve, and SC1 non cant exhaust valve. It is my understanding that the SB2 has the same valve angles as the Ford D3. NASCAR mandates. Look for some D3's. You might be surprised how well they perform.
I considered the D3 heads but they are difficult to find. New they are more $ than worked SC1's and GV2's, so I think I would go that direction first.

Registered
I considered the D3 heads but they are difficult to find. New they are more $ than worked SC1's and GV2's, so I think I would go that direction first.
I'm not advising that you choose a D3 over the Eddy SC1. Just talking some history and facts. I used to visit RYR in the old days and saw a lot of this. The Eddy SC1 from raw to finish will be expensive too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I appreciate the info. When you are into this realm of head, they are not cheap. No news there.....:)

Registered
Your thinking 9000+ Rpm?

If not, Why not the CHI or Higgins & it's 馃槻 factor OTB with a Decent Budget...

If 9k+ Heads need Area

Again Higgins OTB = 430's + port work on your own Time Frame. Pick who you want to rework them....Maybe 450+

Out think the situation/problem
馃か

Bump once you get a goal of Hp/ET and Cubic inch size the budget works it's self out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts