Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite repeated record quarterly losses and a drop in sales of 27% from the same month (August) a year ago, the ol' Burkster actually believes Ford may be mulling over a return the NHRA Pro Stock.

Here's an excerpt from the latest 'Burk's Blast' on DragRacingOnline.com ...

"Speaking of Pro Stock, I hear that the Ford Motor Company is going to trim back their NASCAR program and may consider a return to the NHRA Pro Stock wars. Billy Glidden driving a Mustang Pro Stocker with Bob Glidden assisting…sounds like a Ford “dream team” to me."

You can read the rest of 'Burk's Blast' at http://www.dragracingonline.com/burksblast/x_8-4.html .

·
Registered
109 Posts
If I had a dollar for every time the so-called "Agent" was right about something, I'd start my own two-car nitro team and hire Alan Johnson to run it. Then I'd buy the whole country of Qatar.

I think the standard line at DRO is just throw a bunch of crap against the wall and eventually some of it will stick.

Remember, this is the same idiot who went on national television and said that "in his expert opinion" Troy Critchley intentionally drove his car into those spectators. Unreal.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
all i can say is don't hold your breathe just yet. but there could be something going on with ford racing and a pro stock car.

·
Registered
26,487 Posts
Pro Stock needs all 3 makes.

And more teams with the money. Black, Cagnazzi and WJ have basically unlimited resourses.

It would make for even better racing.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Well, with Davis (I think that is his name) now retired anything is possible.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Would be nice if NHRA updated the Pro Stock rules to reflect more modern engines, put the "Stock" back in Pro Stock! Would level the playing field and get more manufactures in PS.
I usually just read (lurker) but I totally agree with this statement.
Ford has the Mustang, Chrysler now has the Challenger and GM will have the new Camaro soon, the perfect situation to create a new Pro Stock class that I think people would love to watch and the big 3 would participate in. The cars would need to look stock the way they did in the beginning of the class and they would need to use production based engines. I know achieving parity would be a lot of work and the cars would be slower but I think it could be done and people would love it - I would. And who knows the big 3 might just sell a few more muscle cars because of it.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I think Carol Carter and C & C Motorsports has been working on a hemi head for the Ford's that could run NHRA. I would like to see it happen.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I usually just read (lurker) but I totally agree with this statement.
Ford has the Mustang, Chrysler now has the Challenger and GM will have the new Camaro soon, the perfect situation to create a new Pro Stock class that I think people would love to watch and the big 3 would participate in. The cars would need to look stock the way they did in the beginning of the class and they would need to use production based engines. I know achieving parity would be a lot of work and the cars would be slower but I think it could be done and people would love it - I would. And who knows the big 3 might just sell a few more muscle cars because of it.
watch for these three cars to duke it out soon in the "stock" classes in NHRA altho I have hear that GM has considered droping their program for the camaro!

·
Registered
118 Posts
There are a lot of rumors flying around about the Camaro. The company that I work for does a lot of work for the big 3 and I can tell you that some of the Camaro stuff we are working on has been pushed back. Too bad because I believe Chrysler has a drag pack version of the Challanger already and Ford is working on a similar version for the Mustang? I'd still love to see production based cars duking it out in Pro Stock like they used to.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts