Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had BBC for the last 30yrs. So im going to need all the help i can get,LOL. Please can somebody identify these blocks and heads? Im going to use the taller deck for a mock up and sell the other. Need opinion on the value also.THANKS.

First block,(i believe is the taller)
DIVE-28
other block
DIVE
6015A
Heads
D2VE-AA

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
original
scj is a four bolt main block....

the ultimate deck height is all a matter of what deck height is needed...

if you are buying /using an off the shelf "kit"..then just ask mark what it will fit,

or just do some MATH...

the value of the block will depend on who wants it..

some are only 150 dollars..others are a grand...

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive seached everything,i just need to know really the deck height on the blocks. Guess i'll have to run them into the machine shop to find out.THANKS

·
Registered
14,768 Posts
The block in the picture is what's called a 2 bolt CJ block. Most 385 series blocks are a thin wall casting, but the CJ/SCJ's had thick main webs for the four bolt caps. The "2 bolt CJ" is one of those thick main web blocks that were never drilled for four bolt caps. There are after market caps to convert those blocks to four bolts on the 2-3-4 mains.
original
scj is a four bolt main block....

the ultimate deck height is all a matter of what deck height is needed...

if you are buying /using an off the shelf "kit"..then just ask mark what it will fit,

or just do some MATH...

the value of the block will depend on who wants it..

some are only 150 dollars..others are a grand...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Those heads are open chamber, very detonation prone. Can make good power on an alcohol engine though.

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
yes scott..
usually agreed upon is that the same casting number block was a thick main web..but not all were actually drilled and fitted with four bolt caps

the specific "super cobra jet" was in fact a four bolt block on as far as all of them that I have seen..
a "cobra jet" could have been either way...

kinda as like the cleveland blocks..the blocks all had the material for the four bolt caps, but not all of them had four bolt caps installed..

but as said...the "other blocks" had thinner webs and main saddles...

I had a legit super cobra jet 1971 1/2 torino right out of high school... ( car was two years old)
and it did have the 4 bolt caps...
my other "regular" 429 torino 4 V had the thick webs but only two bolt caps...

as said, there is a wealth of info on the 460 ford site...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts