Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy went and got an oil change on his POS and they told him his rear axle seals were leaking and quoted him some ungodly price...I told him I would take care of it...everything came apart just fine until the small 8mm bolt for the retaining pin for the axles snapped in the differential...whats the easiest way to get this thing out? I only had about 1.5 threads on the head before it snapped off.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
good phucking luck.....might try drilling it out, then get a new pin if its damaged....I feel for ya man

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
So my buddy went and got an oil change on his POS and they told him his rear axle seals were leaking and quoted him some ungodly price...I told him I would take care of it...everything came apart just fine until the small 8mm bolt for the retaining pin for the axles snapped in the differential...whats the easiest way to get this thing out? I only had about 1.5 threads on the head before it snapped off.
Trust me you didnt snap it the pin does it....you will have to drill the cross pin and repalce it

·
having fun
31,332 Posts
get a good right angle air drill and start drilling,then ez it out-or weld something on there you can twist out with it,if theres any of it sticking out enough to weld to

·
YB Managing Editor
51,180 Posts
This happened to me also. I started with a small drill bit. Then went larger and larger till one bit dug in. Reversed the drill and the pin came right out.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I had some drill bits with a left hand twist. They worked great, most of the time they would catch and the broken bolt would spin right out.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts

End of problem

1 - 14 of 14 Posts