Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about EEC IV systems?
Did a mass air conversion on my sons all stock 86 Mustang G.T.

Car ran fine before the conversion and was also code scanned right before the conversion. The codes we got KOER were 44 and 94 which are smog codes because the smog pump seized up and was bypassed with a shorter belt.

Anyways we did the conversion All went well, started the car and it idles rough and runs rich. But otherwise seems to run ok. I code scanned it KOER and now have two codes 41-91. Indicates it is now running lean. I have been all over the wiring and pin moves for a week now and just can't figure it out.
Car ran fine before and now runs rough. I used a stock mass air meter out of a 90 L.X.
E3M Computer and a mass air plug out of a 90 L.X. That I lengthened and soldered the pins on, I also moved the thermactor pins, tied into the fuel pump moniter and added the V.S.S. wires.
Fuel pressure is 34 P.S.I. with vacuum on 42 P.S.I. vacuum off. No vacuum leaks were found. Reason for conversion is we built a 306 cid engine with a cam, heads intake, exhaust for it and wanted to iron out any issues before the engine swap. Any help would be appreciated. Thank's

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
What vehicle was the E3M originally in?
guessing he meant a3m or a3m1

If the o2s are reading lean and the wiring checks out I would smoke test it looking for vacuum leaks then test the o2's and go from there. Did you remove the vacuum line from the Map sensor on the firewall?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts