Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who makes a good code reader, that can read and clear codes??? also, is there a programmer that can tell you what injector is going bad?? I have an 03 f350 4x4 with a lot of performance goodies...

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I read and clear codes with my programmer

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an sct , when I took my truck in for injector issue, they said they`re where a few codes for my 4x4 .. sct programmer didn't show a thing.

·
Registered
832 Posts
....best to find someone with a ford ids software...we use it at work and it's the only way if you want the best............but maybe a scan gauge 2 it can be used to do a lot of diagnostics and monitoring and seems to be popular with powerstroke crowd

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have AE, and it paid for itself the first time I used it. You can buzz the injectors and find out which one is the bad guy. Plus do lots of other things...command the ipr, cylinder contribution tests, check hpo pressure, gas pedal voltages... I just diagnosed a bad ebp sensor that had the truck at forced idle, it looked like the gas pedal was bad because it's voltages were low, more testing revealed all v-ref voltages were low, turned out the degas tank had a crack and was leaking coolant into the ebp and shorting it out. Would have never found it without the Autoenginuity.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
I have an 03 f350 4x4 with a lot of performance goodies...
There's your problem.

I have a friend that is a top notch diesel mechanic. He says that the diesels in the pickups are not designed to do any more than what they're built to do. He went on to say that he makes a ton of money off of all the ******* racers that come in with rods hanging out the bottom. He said that these are work vehicles not fuckin' hot rods.

·
Registered
144 Posts
There's your problem.

I have a friend that is a top notch diesel mechanic. He says that the diesels in the pickups are not designed to do any more than what they're built to do. He went on to say that he makes a ton of money off of all the ******* racers that come in with rods hanging out the bottom. He said that these are work vehicles not fuckin' hot rods.
++111.I never modded mine,run stock tune= no problems.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
++111.I never modded mine,run stock tune= no problems.
For the record, he doesn't like any V8 diesel. He tried to explain why but it was making my head spin. :rolleyes:

I guess you need to be a diesel mechanic to understand it all. They're really not as simple as they seem I guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts