Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,582 Posts
I’ll never give up my, “suck, squeeze, bang, blow” cars but I can’t wait till electrics are everywhere. As long as the batteries can be dealt with I’ll be happy to kiss gas, oil and grease goodbye for the most part.

Daily drivers are appliances and as such they should be clean quiet and trouble free. I’ll get my ICE jones fulfilled on the weekends in my old cars.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
So does GM

Only they do it with mechanics. :p

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Lot's of growth at the GM plant in Arlington. Somebody, somewhere is buying a lot of trucks.

·
Registered
9,882 Posts
GM better get on the ball with a good electric motor for those Ford owners to swap into their piles of shit.

·
Registered
19,487 Posts
GM better get on the ball with a good electric motor for those Ford owners to swap into their piles of shit.
Ya know.....I think that’s going to be a big market. It wouldn’t take much for a small private company to engineer an electric swap-kit designed to replace the engine/transmission in a lot of popular cars. Yes....Mustangs come to mind. Also C4 and C5 vettes.

A lot less involved than swapping over to another brand of ICE. Exactly what the electric geeks have been doing on their own, just make it easier for many more to do it.

Maybe it’s already out there, if not, it’s an emerging market that needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
I think you mean the GM guys will be using Ford motors in their POS. Ford is investing heavy into BEV, while GM is laying off and closing plants. Think they are getting geared up for an other bailout.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Ya know.....I think that’s going to be a big market. It wouldn’t take much for a small private company to engineer an electric swap-kit designed to replace the engine/transmission in a lot of popular cars. Yes....Mustangs come to mind. Also C4 and C5 vettes.

A lot less involved than swapping over to another brand of ICE. Exactly what the electric geeks have been doing on their own, just make it easier for many more to do it.

Maybe it’s already out there, if not, it’s an emerging market that needs to be addressed.

GM has a "crate" electric motor that bolts right to their automatic trans. That is the motor they ran in the Camaro at the track.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Well, I'm happy that Americans have good jobs and Ford is expanding, but I don't know how the hell they are able to make it with the absolute garbage the build these days.

Every Ford I have bought the past 15 years has come back to fuck me square in the ass.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I'd drive a electric vehicle every day IF It could go 300 miles on a full charge and I could charge it in 30 minutes by plugging it into a standard 120 volt outlet. Would love to have a truck like that with an 8' bed that could haul 2,000lbs.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
GM is so great the did away with service departments, the chevy idiots of YB convinced that bitch running the show over there it was a great idea!

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Well, I'm happy that Americans have good jobs and Ford is expanding, but I don't know how the hell they are able to make it with the absolute garbage the build these days.

Every Ford I have bought the past 15 years has come back to fuck me square in the ass.

I got 3 coyote cars, my truck is close to 150,000, been rock solid, the wife's GT has 70K and oil changes only, haven't even done the brakes yet. oh ya my turbo car will smash any hellcat on this site lol :cool:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts

Hope you used lube.:eek:

·
Registered
21,738 Posts

Wasn't one of those a Eco Boost F-150 that you tried how many different companies tunes?:confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts