Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine bought a Yukon aluminum bolt through center section, Daytona aluminum pinion support, a 35 spline spool, a Yukon install kit, and a set of 5.13 gears from Quick Performance. So we went to put it all together last Thursday. Set up the pinion support and start to put the carrier in to set the pinion depth and back lash. The ring gear hit the carrier in the pinion pilot bearing area way before it got even close for the backlash. Would have had to take a lot of material off the case to make it work but didn't want to do that. The ring gear didn't have a chamfer on toe side of the ring gear like all my pro gears have had. The gear set came in a plain box, and is a street gear small pinion. No way this gear set goes in that third member. Anybody else ever run into this problem?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I’m Old Stick Drivers Buddy n I appreciate his help in putting this third member together along with the leader of our Pro Stick club letting me use/borrow his Mark Williams set-up tools. To say the least I try to do things the right way. With that said I was happy last year with ordering a QP F-9 narrowed 9” for my Fox with the majority of the added options. I ordered all of the third member iron stuff too minus the gears. We put it all together n no issues. Since I’ve decided to just do 1/8 mile stuff this coming season I ordered everything from QP to put a separate chunk setup in the car. To say it nicely I’m very disappointed in doing so. The Yukon housing is fine along with the Daytona bearing support n install kit but the gears in their plain/Jane labeled box are junk. No way in hell they’d fit. Very disappointed n I don’t think I’ll be buying any more gears from QP. Thankfully a buddy had an old set of Richmond Pro 5.13 with 52 passes that he donated to me that had the heal cut back to clear. After messing around our buddies car with Mark Williams rearend parts.....I think it’s pretty much a thing of ya get what ya pay for. Take it as it is but....anyone want some 5.13 gears that we stone ground a lil? To try to get to fit? I know a guy that has some...

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Been awhile but I was surprised not hearing anything from the QP guy posting on here as StaticZ. Well, all I can say after a couple months is Fuck QuickPerformance! Never heard anything back from them n I’ll never buy anything else from them. Is what is is n I got fucked in the end.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I believe some of the aftermarket gears require a offset spool. It is possible you have a gear set that requires that.(not trying to stick up for them) I have used QP for a few items and they have been great. Can you try to identify the gear to make sure you have the correct gear set? Just trying to help

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
When you buy everything from a place that specializes in rears. Then go to assemble it and the ingredients aka parts don’t go together....that’s a sign.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hey guys. I have to apologize, but I have been out of the YB world for awhile now. I randomly logged on tonight and found this post.

Old Stick Driver & Tater, I have sent you both PM messages with my direct contact information so that we can get this figured out and get you guys taken care of.

Again, I was not purposely ignoring you, and who knows, maybe we have already talked through another channel since this post was made. I hope to hear back from you at your earliest convenience!!

Thank You.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Who stays off the YB for more than a week? I checked today n the rear gear set in question was a set of lightened n REM polished gears they were like $209. They look similar to the Motive brand. At this point I’m over it n I’ll try to sell them at a Swapmeet n hopefully get $100 for them. I figure the current free used with 52 runs old Richmond 5.13 gears that were given to me will serve me well. Since we used a grinding stone on the QP ring gear I voided returning it n tbh I’m just done with QP. The Fab9 custom rear housing/Yukon 9” aluminum housing stuff n parts were good to go. Send free stuff to the Street Outlaws guys n continue. For my future needs I’ll just go to other reputable places. Live n learn. Not trying to be an ass, just saying.....

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Well, guess I was an asshole n pissed StaticZ off then??? I guess these days it sucks to be honest n state the truth!? Honestly they sell some good low $ parts but not with everything. Take your chances is my advice then.

·
Registered
570 Posts
No, you did not make me mad at all. I located your order and have issued you a full refund. I tried calling you at the number we had on your original order, but did not have any luck. Please reach out to me if you would like to return the gears and I can get you a pre-paid label sent via e-mail, otherwise simply set them aside and use them on another project. Sorry for the trouble that they caused you.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
StaticZ, Wow I didn’t see that coming! That’s a Top Shelf move in my opinion. I owe you a huge Thank You and I APPRECIATE it very much!! I guess looking back I should’ve given QP a call when we first ran into issues but I figured since we tried to clearance it that we were outta luck. Again, THANK YOU!

·
Registered
857 Posts
No, you did not make me mad at all. I located your order and have issued you a full refund. I tried calling you at the number we had on your original order, but did not have any luck. Please reach out to me if you would like to return the gears and I can get you a pre-paid label sent via e-mail, otherwise simply set them aside and use them on another project. Sorry for the trouble that they caused you.

Thank you.
That is awesome customer service right there . Huge thumbs up to you guys 👍

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,116 Posts
I NEED A NEW COMPLETE 9 INCH FOR MY SQUARE BODY.... :)

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Just a follow up... I did the Ford Carlisle Nats last week n a guy was interested in an 8.8 cobra locker rear my Buddy had. One thing lead to another n he’s delt with Braydon a lot in the past. I explained my dealings/story n it’s a happy world. Go Quick Performance!!!! Good people n products!! Small world but good news travels......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts