Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Ford 6.0 ???

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  61falcon 
#1 ·
Looking for suggestions on a EGR delete kit for a 05 6.0 powerstroke. Have any of you done it? Know someone that sells them? Any review on the pros and cons of installing it.

Also has anyone heard of bench testing the instrument cluster before. Boost gauge,Temp gauge,and cruise are inop on this truck.
Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Before anyone wants to come on here and be a jackleg with some stupids arrogant comments...FUCK YOU! in advance....:smt118:smt084:smt118

#3 ·
i ordered the sinister kit last night - check out the ford powerstroke diesel forum, a guy did a detailed review of the sisnster install...got mine for $285

#7 ·
ill make ya one. wont even be able to tell its on there in case it goes in for work at a dealer..... 250 including new ford gaskets (even for the intake), and you send me back your blown cooler(will charge a refundable core charge)....

the pros, no more blown coolers. lower intake temps, lower eot too... the cons, it can in theory cause an overboost condition, being as the 6.0 will open the egr valve to relieve high boost pressures. your blocking off the only escape passage. the other con, is the warranty side of things. some guys will bounce your warranty if you get caught with it.

#9 ·
2 of my buddies have 6.0 trucks and they had their coolers welded shut. they also installed head studs and new head gaskets at the same time. anyways, they run the shit out of their trucks, drag race, tug a truck, tractor pulling. no problems. after seeing it done on 2 trucks, i recommend getting it welded shut. dont waste your money on the delete kits. niether truck has a check engine light on either. the pcm doesnt know the cooler is blocked off. as far as warranty, just check with the dealer before you go in for warranty work. some dealers are cool with it, others are not.

#10 ·
X2^^^ dont waste your money on the kits you can do it your self as long as u can weld. did mine myself. only thing is the check engine light stays on because the egr isnt working anymore.

Edit: My light is on the egr doesnt see the exhaust pressure anymore and throws a code, some programmers aloow you to turn off the egr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.